The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Is that SSS:16 weekend? I'm down for that, so might check it out. As someone who's heard of Kaiju, but never seen any of their stuff, any recommendations @Carbomb?

I've only seen the odd show from torrented downloads on PWTorrents, I'm afraid. Long lost on my old laptop that did a massive electronic fart and died. Their stuff's just generally worth checking out, as it's always fun. Sure you can find things on YouTube! Even their highlight videos are good to watch.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2019 at 5:59 AM, Rosler28 said:

Progress needs Big joe,Thomas Wolfe and Damon Leigh, those three have reinvented themselves and are amazing at futureshock just for characters alone, I watch them .

You seen to be littering every thread about these three, which one are you?

• 1 month later...

I'm at all 3 days of Super Strong Style, but not Kaiju.

Now they've released the brackets I'm a little more excited, but nowhere near the level of the last couple of years. The lack of "PROGRESS" in the tournament has really knocked it for me. That, and the non-tournament stuff they've announced does fuck all for me either.

9 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

I'm at all 3 days of Super Strong Style, but not Kaiju.

Now they've released the brackets I'm a little more excited, but nowhere near the level of the last couple of years. The lack of "PROGRESS" in the tournament has really knocked it for me. That, and the non-tournament stuff they've announced does fuck all for me either.

I am so happy someone else has said this!! This was my first thoughts when I saw it for this year. Where are all the "progress" wrestlers.

And they said that nxtuk wouldn't effect the scene 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:59 PM, Rosler28 said:

Progress needs Big joe,Thomas Wolfe and Damon Leigh, those three have reinvented themselves and are amazing at futureshock just for characters alone, I watch them .

The same Big Joe who recently pissed off Progress management with his t-shirts? 

About as much chance with that as Vinnie Mac lending Roman Reigns to AEW...

Edited by midlandsfirst

10 hours ago, midlandsfirst said:

The same Big Joe who recently pissed off Progress management with his t-shirts? 

About as much chance with that as Vinnie Mac lending Roman Reigns to AEW...

No, not the same Big Joe. The OP was referring to North West Big Joe not RISE Big Joe.

A bit late to the party but SSS was quite fun in the end wasn't it? Nothing on 2017 - roster and venue were better, but it was fun. As Jim says its a festival of wrestling, so always good to make a weekend of it. 

The WWE influence seems to be greater and greater and I feel like it's gradually taking the edge away from Progress. I miss the unlicensed music and the prescence of folk like Scurrl, Ospreay, Sabre Jnr, Dunne, Bate, Keith Lee, Riddle, Cobb etc. All these contracts being handed out have hurt the product, though it's great for the talent. 

So I'm currently watching day 1 I have no idea any spoilers in regards to the tournament.... however I've had to unfollow progress on twitter because 2 days after the event more than likely before they even started to edit the shows they tweeted a picture of Walter with both belts which just Pissed me off more than anything they have done in ages..... why tweet that shit before people have had chance to see it giving away huge spoilers 

In terms of the tournament itself like I say I'm working through it now but this year is the first year that in terms of big big names you can see just how much they have been effected by the wwe deal ect.

Pop punk pro wrestling like so much in the history of pop punk has started to sell out for a greater cause 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:22 AM, AVM said:

The WWE influence seems to be greater and greater and I feel like it's gradually taking the edge away from Progress. I miss the unlicensed music and the prescence of folk like Scurrl, Ospreay, Sabre Jnr, Dunne, Bate, Keith Lee, Riddle, Cobb etc. All these contracts being handed out have hurt the product, though it's great for the talent. 

I'm watching day 2 now and I couldn't have put it better myself mate. The lack of big names is so obvious.... there was 2 first round matches back to back with 3 debuts and 3 wrestlers from out of the uk. 

What has been said above is bang on the state of the uk scene has really taken the edge out of progress 

• 2 months later...

Require some help from the progress fans 

Can anyone tell me the date of when it was announced that Progress was debuting at the electric ballroom? 

and the date of the announcement of the IPW:UK/Progress cross promotion academy show 

I'm so suprised I'm the first one to say anything about this but progress are introducing a new title to the company

It sounds interesting whoever wins the belt will get to choose what the rules of the belt are.....so it could become a hardcore belt....or a cruiserweight belt.

It is a very inivitive idea on paper however it is caked in potential flaws