How can I call myself a wrestling fan when.....?

Undefeated Steak

Just a bit of fun. How can you call yourself a true wrestling fan if you've never been to a live WWE event or have never gone to school/college/work tired/late because you stayed up to catch the previous night's PPV? We all have them...

I'll start - How can I call myself a wrestling fan when I'd never watched Hogan vs Andre from WM3 until yesterday?

• Awards Moderator

How can I call myself a wrestling fan when I'd never watched Hogan vs Andre from WM3 until yesterday?

Excuse me not joining in, but what did you think of it? It's one of my favourites of all time but I've been watching it for nearly 25 years so I can't take the blinkers off.

How can I call myself a wrestling fan when I'd never watched Hogan vs Andre from WM3 until yesterday?

Excuse me not joining in, but what did you think of it? It's one of my favourites of all time but I've been watching it for nearly 25 years so I can't take the blinkers off.

It was one of those matches that came before my time as a fan. I knew how important a match it was and, worried about watching it out of context, I was always afraid that I'd see the match in a bad light. I preferred to have it as one of those mysterious matches that you've heard about and you've seen clips of, but ultimately never watched entirely.

Funnily enough, it was that Meltzer's Worst Matches thread that made me YouTube it. And you know what? I enjoyed every second of it. No matter how much dust they gather, the spectacle still shines through from matches like that all these years later.

• Paid Members

I think The Undertaker and his legacy are practically worthless without The Streak intact. 

:blink:  Explain....

The only thing about him for the past what?  6, 7 years has been his 1 Streak match a year and now that's gone, I have no interest in seeing him again.

The one thing keeping him from being a broken down old man was the streak, now he's just a broken down old man. Never been a fan of his in-ring work outside of the WM matches and he's shit on the mic, so without his streak, to me, he's nothing. 

I think The Undertaker and his legacy are practically worthless without The Streak intact. 

:blink:  Explain....

The only thing about him for the past what?  6, 7 years has been his 1 Streak match a year and now that's gone, I have no interest in seeing him again.

The one thing keeping him from being a broken down old man was the streak, now he's just a broken down old man. Never been a fan of his in-ring work outside of the WM matches and he's shit on the mic, so without his streak, to me, he's nothing.

I get where you're coming from saying he's worthless now. To be honest, I could quite happily never see him wrestle another match. It's the part where you say his legacy is practically worthless that I don't understand.

There aren't many WWF/E wrestlers that have the legacy of Undertaker. You can't take that away from him just because of how he is now IMO. 

• Paid Members

Well for me now, no matter how many matches I look back on or angles, I'm always going to end with "shame about the streak though". It's a permanent black mark on his entire career.

Well for me now, no matter how many matches I look back on or angles, I'm always going to end with "shame about the streak though". It's a permanent black mark on his entire career.

Strange view.

I think it was the perfect way for the journey to come to an end. 

Retiring with the streak intact would've been absurd imo.

Archived