Wrestlemania 31 Trip Planning, Anyone else preparing early?

ratedr69

• Paid Members

Can anyone give any more details on the packages? Do you get sent everything before hand, or do you pick it up when you arrive?

I think i'm pretty certain i'll be going next year, going to a Wrestlemania is one of those things i've always wanted to do. I've done the Rumble in MSG in 08 and loved the whole experience, but the stories i hear about this year and previous years really makes it sound like something on a completely different level!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone give any more details on the packages? Do you get sent everything before hand, or do you pick it up when you arrive?

Everything is Fedex'd to you a few weeks before WM weekend. Just expect to be kept in the dark about exactly where you're sitting for each of the shows until you receive the package.

The Wrestlemania experience really is on a different level, from the scale of the show itself to the atmosphere the night after at Raw to all the other events surrounding it, it truly has to be experienced. While I will look to attend each of the Raw and Smackdown tapings when they come back to the UK I know it will be nowhere near the same!

Having gone for the first time this year, I can understand how addictive it can be. I can't imagine sitting at home watching it on TV next year, knowing the vibe and excitement going on in the city that week/weekend and knowing I'm missing out on it.

I'm sure after one or two more in a row I'll get it out of my system for a few years. At first it seems really far off and a lot of prep to book and sort out but luckily we had someone in our group who is really organised and booked everything bit by bit; plus they were dead on sure that they wanted to go so it kicked my arse in gear to jump on board. If they hadn't pushed, I might have been on the fence for a few more years as I had been previously (though also I was at uni and still finding my feet on graduating).

As I've mentioned here, having seen the reception from some Mania veterans who've been to a couple before this year, it seems like I might have peaked with NOLA being my first Mania experience live; but I'm sure every year will feel special and unique in its own right. I've been saying to some people since I've been back that it really is a spectacular feeling being in a whole city which is buzzing about wrestling, from the banners on every lamppost to people in shirts all over the place, breaking into a Cesaro theme.

Warning: I'm still suffering from post-Mania blues and it's been 2-3 weeks. It makes every small or big announcement on the road to Mania seem that much bigger. Plus it's a holiday and you can see so much of the US if you pick the right Manias to go to.

• 2 months later...

I found it expensive calling home when I was at wm29. Three network have launched a new roaming package known as Feel At Home. For customers travelling to 16 selected countries including USA roaming charges have now been scrapped entirely. You can now use UK allowances including the data that comes with your plan (e.g. all-you-can-eat data). You can also call and text home without paying a penny extra.

I found it expensive calling home when I was at wm29. Three network have launched a new roaming package known as Feel At Home. For customers travelling to 16 selected countries including USA roaming charges have now been scrapped entirely. You can now use UK allowances including the data that comes with your plan (e.g. all-you-can-eat data). You can also call and text home without paying a penny extra.

That sounds amazing. The only problem I have with Three is that contrary to their website advice there was no signal a quarter of a mile radius of my house. Bummer as they seem to do really good deals.

That sounds amazing. The only problem I have with Three is that contrary to their website advice there was no signal a quarter of a mile radius of my house. Bummer as they seem to do really good deals.

Do what I did...

I bought a 30 day limit 3 pre-paid sim with unlimited data, popped it in my phone and used it purely in America making use of the 'feel at home' thing. Chucked it in the bin when I got home, cost me

• Paid Members

Do what I did...

I bought a 30 day limit 3 pre-paid sim with unlimited data, popped it in my phone and used it purely in America making use of the 'feel at home' thing. Chucked it in the bin when I got home, cost me

Archived