Wrestlemania 31 Trip Planning, Anyone else preparing early?

ratedr69

I was thinking of setting up a Summerslam 2014 planning thread, is there anyone on the UKFF going or indeed planning on going?

(Sorry to slightly hijack the WM31 thread)

You know, I'd consider going to Summerslam in LA if there was more buzz surrounding it as a long-weekend of events. For me to travel that far I want the equivalent of Axxess, the HoF and the RAW the night after to make it worth my while.

As far as WM is concerned next year, I keep going back and forth. It's an addictive experience, quite frankly, and one I'd like to repeat as often as I can.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm half thinking about flying to LA or Las Vegas a week or so before Mania, hiring a car and doing a road trip up the coast to end in San Francisco or San Jose. My mate wants to stay in San Francisco because there's more to do, but I'd rather be in San Jose where I imagine most of the wrestling fans will be staying. Either way, I definitely think a road trip will be part of the plan next year. Just need to sort out either some overtime at work or a second part time job to fund it!

You do realise it

After 27, 28 and 29 I was 100% going again the next year, and did.

At the moment I'm unsure about next year. This year was amazing too, but I dunno.

What's putting you off about next year?

I don't even know. I think 4 years in a row, plus going to Hell in a Cell last year has just caught up with me! Might be time for a non wrestling holiday. And I hate travelling, and this year really was a lot of travelling, but next year is further away. Probably all means nothing though...I'm sure I'll end up going.

Funnily enough The Dart, I have done the exact same thing as you (attended 27, 28, 29 & 30) and feel EXACTLY the same way about 31. In fact you could have written my post for me!

Lot of travelling this year, having to get a connecting flight for the first time. Enjoyed 30 immensely, but sometimes you just get that sense to 'have a rest for a year' if you know what I mean. 30 was by far the best WM I've been to, so there is also a sense that next year will struggle to top it. I mean, how do you top the epic Bryan wins and Taker losing?

Having said all that, when push comes to shove... 31... maybe...

Great point made by The Dart and a comment I just made in the 30 planning thread. A lot of people were worried about New Orleans last year, myself included but it ended up prob the best location of a Mania that I have been too.

If you plan the trip right you will have an absoulte blast, there will be thousands and thousand of fans in San Jose. Wrestling pretty much takes over the town. I say it every year if you're on the fence about doing a Mania- DO IT!! Nothing competes going to a Mania and every fan should experience it IMO.

Ill never say never, especially as I wasn't planning on going this year but Im bowing out at 30. At least until Mania 32. Its such a fun week to rule out completley. However priorities in life kind of rule this one out for me.

I am also very much in the mindset of a couple of previous posters. I felt it a bit last year but I think I am definately burn't out in regards to Mania. This was my 5th one in 6th years and feel like I have seen all there is too see at the moment. Ive seen HBK/Taker, Rock/Cena, The Streak end etc.

And as others have said it will be very hard to top New Orleans.

I'm half thinking about flying to LA or Las Vegas a week or so before Mania, hiring a car and doing a road trip up the coast to end in San Francisco or San Jose. My mate wants to stay in San Francisco because there's more to do, but I'd rather be in San Jose where I imagine most of the wrestling fans will be staying. Either way, I definitely think a road trip will be part of the plan next year. Just need to sort out either some overtime at work or a second part time job to fund it!

You do realise it

As others have stated I think most of us had a few worries about safety in New Orleans but the way I look at it is if you are careful & don't wander into any dodgy areas you should be ok. Most cities in the US have some really rough areas, I stayed in a well nice hotel in downtown Miami for WM28 but around a mile down the road was Little Havana, not a particularly rough area compared to the outskirts of New Orleans but you wouldn't want to be walking around there on your own at night.

Having said that, I walked a good hour plus, on my own, back from the rail station in New Jersey after WM29 & thought I might have a few potential shit my pants moments but it was all good in the end, I was wearing my beer coat & that usually protects me from any danger. ;)

I got speaking to a couple of American lads who were camping near the arena ROH was at last weekend in NOLA. They said one of those large canal levees, taking the water to the Mississippi was next to them. They woke up one morning, open their tent to see an alligator sat at the side of the canal looking back at them. Fuck that!

Does anyone know how safe San Jose and Santa Clara are?

The events are all taking place in the downtown area, which is also where most of the hotels, restaurants and bars are. It's basically one square mile and I'm reliably informed it's very safe.

Wrestlemania itself takes place several miles away but it's accessible via light rail from downtown station.

I've been saying I'm going to Wrestlemania for the past few years, but this time I've got a steady job making decent money for the foreseeable future so I'm determined to make it happen this year, even if it means dragging my girlfriend along with me.

It's probably brought up every year, but is it worth doing the travel package or would it be better holding off and booking it all separately? I like the idea of the travel package due to the transportation being included (for the most part, at least). I'm not keen on booking some random hotel and finding that I'm miles away from everything. At least they'll have taken distance into account when deciding on the package hotels.

Saying that, I'm tempted to chuck a

FINALLY, I am going to wrestlemania ! Unfortunately I am only able to fly on fri 27th after work and there are no night flights according to Katherine in Co-Op travel Shirley.

She reckons to get to Santa Clara:

- Fly to New York

- Fly into Santa Clara from New York

The Co-op use Gold Medal for internal flights and they are not releasing flights for Wrestlemania weekend for a couple of weeks.

If I find any other info out about getting the WM I will post it.

Archived