Wrestlemania 31 Trip Planning, Anyone else preparing early?

ratedr69

FINALLY, I am going to wrestlemania ! Unfortunately I am only able to fly on fri 27th after work and there are no night flights according to Katherine in Co-Op travel Shirley.

She reckons to get to Santa Clara:

- Fly to New York

- Fly into Santa Clara from New York

The Co-op use Gold Medal for internal flights and they are not releasing flights for Wrestlemania weekend for a couple of weeks.

If I find any other info out about getting the WM I will post it.

Best flight deals for that weekend wont go up for a while now. Usually book the flights around September time with BA, you should get the best prices around then it is way too early at the moment!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably brought up every year, but is it worth doing the travel package or would it be better holding off and booking it all separately?

Travel packages on the whole end up being more expensive, but less hassle. You will do it cheaper if you book everything separately, but then there's the stress of buying all your tickets.

For WM29 I booked everything separately, for WM30 I got a silver package. On balance I probably would do everything separately if I do another Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

I'm seriously tempted and considering going next year and would most probably go for a travel package, simply for the less hassle and reassurance knowing everything is taken care of etc...but seeing as so many people here have made quite a few trips, is there any essential/tips from previous years you could give to a novice like myself?

I'm seriously tempted and considering going next year and would most probably go for a travel package, simply for the less hassle and reassurance knowing everything is taken care of etc...but seeing as so many people here have made quite a few trips, is there any essential/tips from previous years you could give to a novice like myself?

If you're booking a package be prepared to wait a long ass time to find out where your hotel is and where your seats are. That's one of the reasons I'll book everything separately if I go to another WM in a couple of years.

Cheers, KillerTwist. I'm more leaning to doing it all separately at the moment. The current plan is to travel up on Friday 27th, stay in San Jose until Tuesday 31st, then do a week in San Francisco. Travel Republic's

It's a shame WWE are pushing Wrestlecon out of town as the convention hotels were amazing this year, the deal they got us on drury inn was amazing and it was the best located hotel for everything in town. I've something reserved but may cancel that if Wrestlecon do manage to swing something close to the WWE events and offer up another sweet rate. But yeah I would advice booking it all seperately as its bloody easy that way and you don't have to stump up all your cash in one go and can nicely pace it over several months.

It's a shame WWE are pushing Wrestlecon out of town as the convention hotels were amazing this year, the deal they got us on drury inn was amazing and it was the best located hotel for everything in town. I've something reserved but may cancel that if Wrestlecon do manage to swing something close to the WWE events and offer up another sweet rate. But yeah I would advice booking it all seperately as its bloody easy that way and you don't have to stump up all your cash in one go and can nicely pace it over several months.

The nice thing about New Orleans was that everything was close by. I really loved that I could roll out of my hotel 20 minutes before a show and be at the arena/stadium.

The problem I have with the location for next year is just how spread out everything is. For 29 it wasn't too much of an issue because it was New York and there were great transport links. Whereas there's not much to do in Santa Clara or San Jose, and it's just that bit too far away from San Francisco.

That's one of the reasons I'm leaving it out next year and will think about WM32, although I can't see that being much better looking at it. Probably won't end up doing another one before WM33.

Pretty much same as you, Twist. Did 28, 29, 30. Everything was pretty accessible for all three in terms of the cities themselves and the majority of venues too. Particularly loved the party vibes in Miami and New Orleans. Would love to go to San Francisco but I doubt that trip would coincide with WM31 as logistically it looks like a nightmare if you don't drive. Don't want to go to Dallas for WM32 really, but would consider it with a couple of other cities either side which I did this year (went to Vegas and LA as well as NOLA). In all honesty, if I go again it'll be WM33. Orlando seems to be the front runner for that and again not too convinced by the city, have been there a few times. Would likely just stay in Miami and do Friday-Monday in Orlando.

Either way, it's probably a blessing in disguise. Absolutely can't afford to do it every year!

• Paid Members
I'm worried that I might have peaked by making NOLA my first Mania live :(

Same here, I can't imagine anywhere else holding the same appeal for me, this year was a stroke of luck that I managed to go and I never intended to be a regular 'mania goer but damn it was great.

Miami was as good/better than New Orleans, just everything was a bit more spread out (specifically the stadium being in the middle of nowhere). It wasn't that bad other than that though.

I agree with AVM....in a way it's a good thing that there's little appeal in it for me being in Dallas, and San Jose seeming too much hassle. Going every year is too much really, and if I leave it a few years I'll be really ready for it by Mania 33, depending where that is. Can't see myself not going to America for a WWE PPV for another 3 years though...something will come up (MSG hopefully)

In all honesty, if I go again it'll be WM33. Orlando seems to be the front runner for that and again not too convinced by the city, have been there a few times. Would likely just stay in Miami and do Friday-Monday in Orlando.

They've really got a hard on for the south and west coast, haven't they? I would like them to revisit the east coast or Canada, and make it an indoor venue (because the atmosphere is better indoors). If they could cover those bases then I'd be all over going to WM34.

I still rate Miami as the best location, although the cost of cabs really built up over that week. South Beach and Downtown Miami were both great locations.

NYC of course was great, mainly due to it being my first time in NYC.

And then this year of course was just superb, the proximity to everything, the wrestlers staying in town, the amazing nightlife, combined with the best set of Mania week events IMO in years, means this year will be really hard to top.

I went to Atlanata and Houston and compared to the last 3 locations they were really quiet and not much going on. A bit like what I expect from next year.

Im pretty much out next year and that isn't fazing me at the moment, a combination of alot of travelling and it being spread out, non direct flights, the cost of it all, the shows likely to be starting earlier due to time difference. Plus the fact I also feel burn't out like a few others in this thread.

I may look into Summerslam next year and then return for Dallas if I really feel the urge too.

Whats putting people of the Dallas show? Ive seen on various fourms that many people dont see the appeal of Dallas.

Archived