Wrestlemania 31 Trip Planning, Anyone else preparing early?

ratedr69

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question, pretty straight forward - Is Axxess worth hitting?? 

This is my third Wrestlemania but the other two (24, 27) have been with a 'non-wrestling fan' other half. I've just felt in the past that Axxess would be pushing their commitment to me a little too far. This time...I'm single!!

I'm tempted to do the Thursday session with the announcement of the NXT tournament. How is it in terms of meeting the roster - I'd kill for a picture with The New Day!

Expect quite long queues i would say for the big stars. 

The new day should be very easy to meet them, but i thought one of the better attractions of the Axxess is the NXT matches going on and the museum part they had set up. But then if you like queuing be prepared for a lot of it.

If you like NXT, go to Axxess (although going to the NXT show would be better I'd have thought).  The stuff that's there just to look at you can do in 20 minutes.  Meeting guys - well the queing - is what takes your time up, but sometimes you can still watch the matches/listen to the q&as while you're queing.

Yeah, I did consider the Friday NXT show but by the time I had finished procrastinating all the tickets had gone. Plus, I'm staying with a friend whilst in San Jose and don't want all my evenings taken up by Wrestling - I'm going to 'Mania with him but Hall of Fame solo on the Saturday.

Ten odd years ago I would have been all over Axxess and the Wrestlecon conventions - any opportunity to meet my boyhood heros and I was there. Nowadays, seeing how said 'heros' are, on the most part, money grabbing arses, I'm not so fussed. 

Also, for those of you who indulge over 'Mania weekend (ROH, Varying Indy shows, Axxess, Wrestlecon, HOF, Mania, Raw, etc), do you ever feel 'wrestled' out by the end of it?? I mean, I love my fix as much as the other guy but too much of a good thing and what not.... I went to the Fast Lane PPV last month and the Raw the following night in Nashville. I tell you, sitting through Raw, I was more bored than what I would have been had I Sky Plussed it and watched it all in 30 minutes!

Same as Dart, first Mania I have missed since 26 (although I have booked Summerslam and 32 is for sure). I think the lacklustre build had made up for not going this year but its still very weird to be flying out this week.

I have a question, pretty straight forward - Is Axxess worth hitting?? 

For sure, I love Axxess, although one of the main reasons I do these trips is to meet the wrestlers. If you can hack queues you can easily meet between 6-10 people during a session.

If your'e not up for the autographs then I would say just go to one session to watch some NXT and see all of the memrobilia.

Does Anyone Know if DSLRs are allowed or banned ?

Will be fine.

Also, for those of you who indulge over 'Mania weekend (ROH, Varying Indy shows, Axxess, Wrestlecon, HOF, Mania, Raw, etc), do you ever feel 'wrestled' out by the end of it?? I mean, I love my fix as much as the other guy but too much of a good thing and what not.... I went to the Fast Lane PPV last month and the Raw the following night in Nashville. I tell you, sitting through Raw, I was more bored than what I would have been had I Sky Plussed it and watched it all in 30 minutes!

I felt pretty flat during Raw last year but I always try to pack as much Wrestling stuff in as possible. For NYC, Miami etc I always book other things to do in the city but if there is nothing going on, then just fill it with wrestling.

Anyone can post all Indie shows near by?

I only know RoH and SHIMMER. I cannot attend RoH anyway as I will arrive USA at Friday night. I am not sure if I can go for SHIMMER (starts 12pm, no idea when will end) and WWE HOF (starts 4:45 pm)on the same day.

Right, this is going to sound a bit stupid to most but....

I bought two tickets to Mania not knowing whether I was going or not. And I'm not. I'm not really a thicko but I am a bit daft like that. Anyway, it's obviously too late to get rid of them. I'm not bothered about the money but feel a bit bad that there'll be two empty seats in the first tier above the ring. So..... If anyone wants them, that's going anyway, they can be transferred over via TicketMaster. PM me and you can have them. To either use or tout out over there.

That was painful to type.

• Paid Members

Is anybody staying in San Francisco over the weekend and travelling down to San Jose for the Hall Of Fame, Mania and Raw? If so how are you going about getting there? I've had a car this past 12 days over here but had booked to leave it in Vegas and fly to San Fran today as my mate was coming in and was going to get a car, but he isn't going to rent the car now so I have to look up public transport instead. Anyone else in the same boat or are all you sensible people staying near the venues?

Archived