Wrestlemania 31 Trip Planning, Anyone else preparing early?

ratedr69

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first plan:

1) Land in San Francisco

* Visit The Golden Gate Bridge plus Alcatraz

2) San Jose

*Wrestlecon

* Axxess

* Hall of Fame

* WrestleMania

*RAW

* NHL (Sharks)

3) Take a plain to Los Angeles

* Hollywood

* Six Flags

* Universal Studios

Also would love to visit Sequoia National Forest.

So tempted by this if I can afford it.

Everything does look to be spread out but it's one of those places where you wouldn't JUST be going for the wrestling. There's so much cool stuff to visit in California if you're willing to do the travelling.

Due to the MH17 Malaysian Airlines disaster prices are currently fairly low. My buddy at trading thinks oil prices and therefore ticket prices will go up. Also USD seems to be on the rise compared to EUR.

So I just booked my hotel+flights, before this bubble pops.

Completely happy about the prices. I'm probably at 50% cheaper than I was @ WM29 in NYC. 

14 days / flights + hotels = EUR 1,500 p.p. Doing Vegas-Los Angeles-SJ/SF all by plane.

With tickets/excursions I will probably get to around EUR 2,000-2,250, which is a bargain for a 2 week epic trip i.m.o. 

My current schedule:

21-03-15 AMSTERDAM-VEGAS

22-03-15 Las VEGAS 

23-03-15 GRAND CANYON ?

24-03-15 BRYCE CANYON ?

25-03-15 VEGAS - LOS ANGELES

26-03-15 L.A.

27-03-15 L.A. - SAN JOSE (ROH)?

28-03-15 Hall of Fame

29-03-15 WrestleMania

30-03-15 RAW

31-03-15 San Francisco

01-04-15 NHL (Sharks)

02-04-15 SANJOSE - VEGAS

03-04-15 VEGAS-AMSTERDAM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if it helps anyone, when I was in SF a couple of years ago, it was recommended i use the site GoldStar to pre-book some tickets.

I booked the Alcatraz Tour & a Duck tour this way.  It might be good for fitting things into a schedule, I found it preferable to turning up on the day, & seeing what the queues are like

Got my flights booked at the weekend, its a bit of a trek but least we get there.

Glasgow>Amsterdam>Seattle>San Jose £555 return.

Staying at the Ramada San Jose Convention Centre. 5 nights for £160ish (depending on exchange rate) Thur 26th till tue 31st. Booked this pretty much the day it was announced.

Nash is throwing a Mania party on the 27th in San José. Perfect timing for Us. More stars T.B.A.

It's 150 Bucks though to get drunk and hang out with the Giant Killer. Total ripoff. We'll probably do it anyway ahaha.

Cant wait.

Honing for Goldberg at WrestleCon.

Archived