Wrestlemania 31 Trip Planning, Anyone else preparing early?

ratedr69

After the helpful thread about mania 30 i thought we may as well start the helpful guide to California.

Im gutted i missed this years but not gonna miss 31

Has anyone got there accommodation booked. I got mine booked last week

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Highly tempted. San Francisco is somewhere I've always wanted to go, and it's only about an hour from San Jose, where it's all going down.

Helpful info about San Jose - Wikitravel

my plan so far is monday to wednesday - anahiem ( the mrs wants to go to disneyland ) wednesday tuesday san jose - tues to friday - los angelas then fri to monday - vegas

cracking on the overtime now me thinks

dont know where to fit san fran in !

Things seem so far apart for Mania next year, nothing like New Orleans this year. The big draw for traveling fans would be San Francisco but you say its an hour away from San Jose where RAW, HOF and likely Axxess will be? Not very appealing is it. Is San Jose a big tourist town?

Things seem so far apart for Mania next year, nothing like New Orleans this year. The big draw for traveling fans would be San Francisco but you say its an hour away from San Jose where RAW, HOF and likely Axxess will be? Not very appealing is it. Is San Jose a big tourist town?

Raw,HOF, Axess and mania is all within 8 miles of each other and right in silicon valley - and the socal train means you are 50 mins ffrom san fran

I've gone back and forth on WM31. I could probably afford it if I was prudent for the next few months, but the location is putting me off. Everything is very far apart, and I'm not particularly interested in Santa Clara, San Jose or San Francisco.

I'll most likely try and save for WM32 and go for a ringside seat instead of my usual lower bowl seating.

EDIT: Just been reading about AT&T Stadium in Dallas. Apparently there is no public transport to the stadium. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about the WM32 location either.

After the helpful thread about mania 30 i thought we may as well start the helpful guide to California.

Did you have to cancel this year then? I remember you started the thread for Mania 30 / Planning early and you said you had your accommodation booked already.

Went I started doing Manias with WM28 I always said I would do the three up to 30 & that would be it. As I said in the last thread, I can't honestly see any Mania trip being better than this year. Most people I've spoken to usually say their first Mania was their favourite as it's a totally new experience, including me, but that that all changed this year with pretty much everyone I've spoken to saying NOLA was the best. Walking to most of the venues saved a fortune on Taxi fares. Having said that, with San Jose being a relatively small place it could mean a big gathering of wrestling fans all in one area again but it's not going to be like Bourbon Street. I don't mean to deflate anyone as I'm sure it will still be amazing & if you are on the fence about going, do it. It's one of the best experiences out there.

As a get out clause, I said to my mrs I will only do the next 2 Manias for 1 of 2 reasons. Every year I hope Sting will debut on Raw so the chance of seeing him in a WWE ring or if Taker does come back for a match v Cena or Sting I will be there. If I don't do 31 the idea of going to Jerry's World in Arlington for 32 is something I may not be able to pass up. Could they fill a 110,000 stadium in Texas without a Taker retirement match or Austin return, who knows?

EDIT - in regard to public transport I hear it's due to the fact that Arlington was the largest City in the US to not have a public transport system & the money that would have been used was used to build the stadium as stadiums are not owned by the NFL Franchises but by the local authority where as in the UK Football Clubs have to build their own. I did hear from a Cowboys fan while in NOLA that there had been some agreement put in place that all fans had to pay parking to raise more funds but I don't know how true that is. Seems ridiculous , the largest NFL ground & the normal fan can't get there!

• Paid Members

That's exactly how I feel too, I just got back from 'Mania XXX and it was amazing, New Orleans is a wonderful city and I could walk to everything from my hotel; the bars, the other great things to see in the city, the convention centre, even the arenas. I saw dozens of wrestlers walking around constantly and all the fans congregated in the same strip at night which sounds awful but it was great, the atmosphere was insane constantly because everything was in such close proximity. I'd only go to another one of it was similar, I'm not interested in everything being an hour's drive from everything else, it sounds shit.

San Jose doesn't seem a particularly tourist oriented town, but Axxess, HOF and Raw are all within walkable downtown area. Google Maps tells me the convention center and the arena are less than a mile apart, with most of the downtown hotels in between. The stadium is accessible via light rail from downtown. So, I'd say everything is still all within easy reach... the down side is that there's not as much going on in San Jose as in San Francisco. That said, SF is only an hour away by train, so what I plan to do is spend a few days in SF first before switching hotel to somewhere in downtown San Jose on the Friday.

I realise everything in the US is much more spread out due to the size of the place but it must suck to live in San Francisco & support the 49'ers when the ground is an hours drive away. Thinking about it, a lot of Franchises new stadiums are a long way from their original city, Arlington isn't exactly in Dallas.

Did you have to cancel this year then? I remember you started the thread for Mania 30 / Planning early and you said you had your accommodation booked already.

Long story dude..the dudette wasnt too keen on new orleans and struggled to get all the time off.

all change this time :)

I was gutted that I couldn't make it to New Orleans this year, I thought it would be the last one I could justify going to, everything being so close together made it so much more appealing & New Orleans is somewhere I want to visit anyway.

Next year was tempting when I heard it was San Fransisco, another place I want to visit but I was totally put off when I saw the stadium was an hour away from San Fransisco, I figured it was going to be like Miami & it was just mania itself that was off on its own but axxess & HOF would be in the city, that ruined WrestleMania 28 for me so won't do anther trip where things are so isolated. Have they announced where axxess, HOF & RAW are going to be?

Has Dallas been officially announced for 32 or is it still just the strongest rumour?

Archived