Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Watched the final episode the Monday Night Wars last night. I did enjoy parts of it but from the start I knew it would be basically WWE shitting on WCW. Chris Jericho is one talking head that always annoys me and it sucks because I was a huge fan of the guy. I get that WCW didn't make him a main event star but they signed him and gave him a chance to show what he could do to millions of people but he just loves kissing the WWE ass nowadays. I loved WCW, I enjoyed it in 1999 and still watched until the end, sure I didn't enjoy as much as WWE at that time but did anyone really? I feel the show could have used the talking heads better, especially Schiavone, DDP, Nash etc but they have Tyson Kidd, Ziggler, Natalya speaking, people who were just at that time fans like us but I guess they were given lines to say about WCW being inferior to WWE. Even when they mention the cruiserweights and how popular they were in WCW they still have to shit on WCW saying how they were made to look weak when facing a bigger wrestler. I'm not sure that Mysterio, Guerrero, Benoit and Malenko would have been top talents in WWE had they had gone there in 1995-1996 rather than WCW. They would have probably been getting squashed by Sid, Vader and Undertaker. I'll stop the ranting because anything WWE produces that features WCW will always just make it look like the evil company that tried to put Vince McMahon out of business but in the end the hero, the good guy, Vince McMahon prevails.

Malenko was a genuine star in WCW, he was not at the top level but always just underneath. Saturn was a bad ass in WCW even when he was made to wear a dress after losing to Jericho but then he goes to WWE and was stuck with a mop.

I've never watched the Network and stayed on the live stream unless I'm watching a PPV or NXT because most of the time for me it's Total Divas that's on.

Chris Jericho is one talking head that always annoys me and it sucks because I was a huge fan of the guy. I get that WCW didn't make him a main event star but they signed him and gave him a chance to show what he could do to millions of people but he just loves kissing the WWE ass nowadays

I couldn't make it through his documentary and stopped around the WCW portion because he's clearly still bitter as fuck that he wasn't pushed to the moon in WCW. All things considered he had a pretty good run for the time which obviously opened doors for him.

Actually he should be happy he got out when he did because it could have been a whole lot worse after Russo jumped.

I enjoyed a lot of Jericho's run in WCW especially his feuds with Malenko, Rey and Juvi, he may not have been a main event player but he was wrestling in one of the top two wrestling promotions which a lot of trained wrestlers never got the chance to do. WCW signed him and gave him a chance and gave him a foot in the door for his so called dream move to the WWE. Jericho has always been one of my favourite wrestlers but he's just so far up his own ass these days.

Edited by MichaelMush

If you enjoy watching wrestlers chasing each other around and fighting in the pouring rain (some of them in ring gear and not street clothes while this is happening) as well as the results of an attempt to spraypaint "WCW" on a limo that is being pelted with rain then I highly recommend the Monday Nitro from the 9th September 1996!

I started watching the Monday Night Wars docs, though being rather dumb i didn't realise they were in order. So watched the 'Fall of Wcw' first (i think that was on the recommended list). In the end i watched the final one and the first one but gave up. Its just too much, like people say, of 'Oh Vince is great, what a brave guy'. I'm not someone who loves WCW, i didn't even know of its existence fully til like 1998. So I don’t care about people bashing their rivals, but it really does ruin the feel of the documentaries.

The thing which perplexes me is, the people who have the network and watch all the stuff like this surely know Vince isn’t some brave wonderful guy who fights on the side of good all the time. I love when its on Raw (the parody of the Goodell statement was brilliantly done.) Just enough already in the actual documentaries.

Its really put me off watching all the different stuff they have on there. Are there any documentaries which aren’t basically there for wwe propaganda (I know in a way that’s the point of these docs, to put people over.)? Ones which just tell a compelling story without all the shit talking heads twisting stories and saying how the people they like are amazing, and those they don’t are worse than the recent nude Sunny pics.

I guess im just tired of that kind of stuff these days. I just want a decent documentary which tells one of the million compelling stories wrestling has to offer.

On that note, how is there not an Andre documentary yet? Or is there one and I’m not searching correctly?

• Paid Members

On that note, how is there not an Andre documentary yet? Or is there one and I’m not searching correctly?

Theres an old Andre doc. the WWE produced, dont know if its on the network though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the WWE24 Behind the scenes of Wrestlemania 30 doc. It's only 30 mins so watched on my phone during my lunch break at work. Gone back to work with red puffy eyes because it obviously went into Connor's story, which ibviously makes me well up.