Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

They've added some neat functionality to the web version today. You can queue things, see where you're upto and hover over shows for more details. You can even see at a glance whïch show the vague titles like "Episode 676" refer to on the main page, so I stop loading up This Week in WWE instead of NXT by accident. All good stuff that's been needed for a while.

zEcLill.jpg

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Not quite the Network, but worth noting for anyone with Unblock US/Hola etc already, the Randy Savage doc is currently available to stream on the Wallmart owned Vudu for a bargain $3.99 rental (they take Paypal).

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

WWE bought WCW's video library, if WCW had cameras there then the court case footage would be part of that library. Kind of like how Paul Heyman's DVD had backstage footage of ECW shows where he's riling the talent up. It's not just TV/PPV shows they buy.

Interesting. I thought that footage was from Beyond the Mat as it had the same camera angles and everything.

I thought I'd watch all the PPVs from the start of 2001 onwards a few months ago. I'm up to Backlash 2002. It's a decent PPV but I'd recommend you watch as it's one of the last major shows before they entered the 'ruthless aggression' era, and it shows. There's the debut of Lesnar aswell.

Why do people call it the Ruthless Aggression era? I'm not having a go, I mean I don't actually know.

Cena said 'Ruthless aggression' on his debut. Is it linked to that? Benoit also had 'ruthless aggression', but why 2002 as the starting point? Did Lesnar or Heyman say Ruthless Aggression?

• Paid Members

Why do people call it the Ruthless Aggression era? I'm not having a go, I mean I don't actually know.

Cena said 'Ruthless aggression' on his debut. Is it linked to that? Benoit also had 'ruthless aggression', but why 2002 as the starting point? Did Lesnar or Heyman say Ruthless Aggression?

It was a buzz phrase they tried to get over. I think it started with Vinny mac saying he wanted wrestlers with "Ruthless aggression".

It was a buzz phrase they tried to get over. I think it started with Vinny mac saying he wanted wrestlers with "Ruthless aggression".

They tried to get it over but I don't know if it ever really took. Was certainly nowhere near as good as when he used to say "in THAT very ring tonight" every week