UFC 169: Barao vs Faber 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Somewhere out there Mike Dolce is pissing his pants in laughter.

To be fair, Lineker was thousands of miles away in Brazil, and doesn't speak any English. It was never going to work with Dolce.

Its the dolce DIET David, not the Dolce personal chef.

To be fair, Lineker was thousands of miles away in Brazil, and doesn't speak any English. It was never going to work with Dolce.

Well, you'd do well to email Lineker's manager and tell him, because the reasons I gave were those given by Lineker's own manager.

• Paid Members

Well, you'd do well to email Lineker's manager and tell him, because the reasons I gave were those given by Lineker's own manager.

I'd do well to email his manager? Not really sure what that even means?

The reasons that were given were obviously a smoke screen. It's not like their camp didn't realise Dolce didn't live locally before they agreed to work together?

Lineker simply wasn't committed enough to follow Dolce's advice.

• Paid Members
Flyweight's starting to get some depth now, Lineker at bantamweight would actually be pretty fun with his KO power.

The question would be, would he carry that same KO power up to 135? He's a little powerhouse and I'm sure he'd still pack a punch at bantamweight but would it cause the same carnage against the bigger guys? Sergio Pettis is a recent example of this, in all his pre-Zuffa fights he was a flyweight and looked really powerful. He debuted in the UFC at 135 and despite landing a lot of shots pretty flush in both fights, wasn't so effective in hurting the opponents as significantly. Obviously stepping up to UFC level is a factor there as well but I definitely think he looked like he could do more damage as a 125er.

All that said, if Lineker is even kept around after tomorrow night, he now has to move up to 135 surely. He was a cunt hair away from missing weight again this time, that would've been four out of six times he'd have come in heavy! There's just no way they can rely on him to hit 125 for a title fight. They're not going to risk winding up in the position where they've promoted a title fight and then have to make it non-title because he comes in overweight like Travis Lutter did way back. Just not worth the risk.

I now fancy Bagautinov to win tomorrow. I was pretty 50/50 on the fight anyway but who knows what kind of cut Lineker has had. If he comes in drained and starts throwing bombs like he usually does he could be out of steam fast. I'll have Bagautinov by submission in the 2nd. Should be exciting whatever happens though.

• Paid Members
The reasons that were given were obviously a smoke screen. It's not like their camp didn't realise Dolce didn't live locally before they agreed to work together?

Yeah and if for some odd reason they felt it would only work with Dolce physically there in front of him throughout camp to oversee his cut, then Lineker should've had his camp in the US where Dolce could babysit him.

Lineker simply wasn't committed enough to follow Dolce's advice.

Sums it up sadly. I'm a big fan of Lineker but this is absolutely ridiculous now. There was even an interview with Alex Davis (Lineker's manager) a couple of weeks back where he was saying Lineker was lighter than he'd ever been going into a fight and that his weight was perfectly on schedule. Must've been bollocks unless he was on track and just went berserk with a multipack of Haribos this week or something. In hindsight now it looks like he started the Dolce Diet and just couldn't be arsed to stick at it.

Still haven't watched the Countdown. I'll try to squeeze that and the weigh ins in tomorrow.

Yeah and if for some odd reason they felt it would only work with Dolce physically there in front of him throughout camp to oversee his cut, then Lineker should've had his camp in the US where Dolce could babysit him.

If you get a chance listen to Ariel Helwani's interview with Alex Davis, who's Lineker's manager. He goes into more detail about the whole Dolce thing.

Archived