The Mount Rushmore Of Stand-Up Comedy

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Les Dawson, Tommy Cooper, Jerry Sadowitz, Dave Allen, in that order. Not seen any new material from them for years (for obvious reasons regarding three of them), but even clips that I have seen thousands of times leave me in fits of hysterics. Opposite would be a Comedy Writers mounts with Ronnie Barker, Graham Linnean, Barry Cryer and someone else who I have not decided on yet.

You can't have Allen, he was from Dublin! That's the problem! Unless you did a UK & Ireland one in which case he would have to be on it. He was the first stand-up comedian that I really loved.

Exactly the same for me. I remember being allowed to stay up and watch him when I was quite young because I bugged my Mum so much. An incredibly funny man.

• Paid Members
Norm Macdonald, Jimmy Pardo, Todd Glass, Paul F Tompkins, and Hannibal Buress. Only kidding! They're all great though. There's got to be room for Chris Rock though right?

A man after my own heart. It's a shame Norm isn't really into filming his stand up, as he's incredible. That Comedy Central special he had to do to get the Sports Show (cancelled WAAAAAY too early) going is brilliant start to finish; the dead woman/sandwich part always has me laughing double hard.

I really enjoyed Beer Hall Putsch but I agree it wasn't his best. That said, it was good to see him more positive about his stand-up.

100%. This is exactly what I thought after I saw it. For a while he seemed to be doing what he thought audiences wanted as opposed to what he wanted to do & it showed. He seemed rejuvenated & with more of a sense of purpose.

I saw him do it in Chicago and it absolutely slayed me. Granted, it's not quite the same watching it back as it was live with a beer or two, but that was probably the best end to a standup show that I've been to, I could scarcely catch my breath during the NFL/breast cancer/AIDS bit due to laughing so hard.

Archived