Big Brother. A fine show

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yes, I've been watching some old clips as well. Anything that involved Maxwell looking a twat and Mikey and Mo doing the chili challenges mainly, the latter of which had me pissing myself all over again. Especially Mo, as he's about to tuck in to another chili, pausing mid-sweat to remark, "It looks like a dildo!"

Big Brother was absolutely great entertainment for a while, especially coupled with Big Mouth which even managed to be entertaining for a while after Russell Brand left. I think it was the last TV show I watched religiously.

• Awards Moderator
Wolverine Marcus? He was a massive tit. A real-life version of that IT bloke in The Office.

Spot on. Sadly, I've known loads of guys like him in my life. I seem to attract them :(

Perfect for Big Brother though.

• Moderators
This really couldn't have come at a better/worse time Ian, cheers! I spent most of the weekend working and just had the BB 2004 playlist running non-stop on a separate laptop in the background. Kept getting really absorbed into it and realising I hadn't done anything for about 20 minutes.

This is so much fun you watch again. So many little things that is forgotten... the first thing that really made me piss myself this evening was the big blow up with Emma and Victor over walking in on him in the toilet. Amazing tv.

Also I think my hatred for her and Marco might be even stronger than it was the first time around..

God, I loved Big Brother. BB5 was my favourite for a long time, but when I think back it's a very close competition with BB10. BB5 has the benefit of having both my favourite HM ever (Victor) and the HM I most fancied (Shell), but BB10 was just ridiculously compelling when it came to the different narratives that emerged. Full credit to the producers there. The absolutely insane obsession with Noirin that enveloped nearly every man in the house. Halfwit Freddie and Bea's monster heel turn. Kenneth being one of the most loathsome pricks ever. There were a fair few dud HM's, obviously, but somehow the stories kept coming. I thought it was great.

Marco from BB5 is actually the only HM I've met. He was in the year below me at school but when I saw him on BB I didn't even realise it was him. Perhaps unsurprisingly, back then he wasn't the loud, shrieking nutcase he was on the show. He was what a lot of gay teens probably are: really quiet, outcast and often sad-looking. My only interaction with him was letting him borrow my copy of Total Film to join in on the quiz me and my friends were doing. Consequently I couldn't dislike him as much as I otherwise might have, even though I was definitely rooting for the Jungle Cats the whole time.

Archived