Big Brother. A fine show

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Season 2 was my favourite, great characters and I loved Brian especially, calling everything evil and standing up to Bubble who didnt like the pranks when he was on the end of it. Never took to him. Then when they introduced the fitness guy Josh later on in the series it really got Brian's back up, making him even funnier to watch.

And I love blinking I do.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It's really amazing how strongly I remember all the contestants from the very first series

Yes.

the utter greatness of series 5,

Yes.

For me, there were four standout series:

Yes.

Season 2 was my favourite,

............oh, no.

I'd forgotten about series 4 until reading a mention of it in here. Such an uneventful year with poor attempts to spice it up by putting a south African contestant in there (who wasn't eligible to win?), John Tickle being put back in the house because he was the only remotely entertaining housemate that year and .... a bomb threat?!

I'm not sure which was the better series between 3 or 5. Series 3 had Sandy's escape over the roof, good housemates and the heaven and hell divide. Tim being exposed as a ginger whilst plucking his chest was fantastic as was his pretentious lingo in the diary room and his disappointment when he was given a GQ magazine as a prize, which he had already read.

Series 5 was the first year with proper divides in the house and a super stable of jungle cats so it's no surprise it's a favourite of wrestling fans. I think I watched the fight night episode with a massive grin on my face. TV gold. I was so happy to see Victor in the ultimate big brother house at the end of the channel 4 run.

Rex's year was probably the last pretty good one.

My memory of this TV which is a decade old explains why I don't seem to remember much useful stuff.

• Paid Members

I think I meant series 3 rather than 2 when I mentioned my favourites. Was series 2 Helen, Paul and Brian rather than Jade and Kate? If so, then I meant series 3. 4 was shit though, the highlight was that Brummie guy trying to smoke banana skins.

• Paid Members

Did anyone watch it this year? I still enjoy the 'celebrity' version, but haven't watched a second of the regular show since Channel 5 revived it. There is no buzz around it whatsoever. Somebody told me that it finished just a week before the celeb one kicked off, but I hadn't heard a single person mention it or seen a single newspaper story about it all summer.

I'm not sure which was the better series between 3 or 5. Series 3 had Sandy's escape over the roof, good housemates and the heaven and hell divide. Tim being exposed as a ginger whilst plucking his chest was fantastic as was his pretentious lingo in the diary room and his disappointment when he was given a GQ magazine as a prize, which he had already read.

With his parting shot of urinating into the bin in the kitchen before escaping, whilst you just hear Alex in the background shouting 'Be careful Sandy!'.

Ofcourse! Didn't Kate Lawler have the privilege of taking out the dripping pissy bin bag? Sandy's meltdown was quite dignified, walking around the pool in circles for a couple of hours a morning to get away from everybody else has been substituted for sobbing in the diary room.

In regards to this year's series, The Star would have a front page related Big Brother story most days because it is 'the official BB paper'. No other news outlet would report on it these days anyway though. This year was about milking a love triangle which wasn't really there and involved one guy (a publicist) who was using it for more airtime.

The rest I mostly disliked for being boring (especially 4 with Cameron) or full of wankers. An awful lot of people that have been it that the general public loved, I thought were cretins.

I'm fairly convinced that the absolute worst type of people who go on Big Brother - screeching, uber camp, effeminate gay blokes like Marco and bubbleheaded divas like Nikki Graham and Michelle Bass - make up a large proportion of the Big Brother voters. I think most normal people just watch it for a laugh and don't tend to bother voting, but the ones who love the screechers seem to have their number on permanent redial - even moreso nowadays, as evidenced by utterly irredeemable harpies like McGiffin and that slag from Geordie Shore doing so well in the latest series.

Don't get me on started on Nadia and the fucking 'feelgood story' of her 'gaining acceptance'. The fat bowling ball-headed fucker thought cigarettes were a basic human right.

One of the few times I've actually agreed with broad public sentiment where BB is concerned is when Sezer got evicted with a record percentage of votes. What a cunt that greasy little fucker was. Remember when he started on that big gay Canadian bodybuilder bloke? I wish that had've been Jason, Craig or Big Lee Davey.

With his parting shot of urinating into the bin in the kitchen before escaping, whilst you just hear Alex in the background shouting 'Be careful Sandy!'.

Sandy was funny as fuck. Cut from the same cloth as Jason, miserable misanthropic Scotsman somehow trapped in the body of generic wacky BB template contestant #7.

I was a Big Brother obsessive for the first six seasons, and I agree that season 5 with the Jungle Cats and the Lipgloss Bitches was amazing. While Fight Night was great, my ultimate high note was on Marco's eviction night when he ran to greet his mum and slipped on the rain-soaked runway, fell over and slide tackled her to the floor. An epic comeuppance for an utterly insufferable bastard.

• Moderators
Jason, miserable misanthropic Scotsman somehow trapped in the body of generic wacky BB template contestant #7.

He was amazing. Pretend to be a bisexual party boy to get in, then when you're in there fuck all that off for 12 weeks of awesome moaning.

• Paid Members
While Fight Night was great, my ultimate high note was on Marco's eviction night when he ran to greet his mum and slipped on the rain-soaked runway, fell over and slide tackled her to the floor. An epic comeuppance for an utterly insufferable bastard.

Sliding tackle is at 22:30. Its even funnier all these years later.

You just can't time that. I've fell over before, but I've never wiped anyone out with me. The timing of the slip, the feet jarring into the shins of the mother and the Flair bump she takes is so perfect.

While Fight Night was great, my ultimate high note was on Marco's eviction night when he ran to greet his mum and slipped on the rain-soaked runway, fell over and slide tackled her to the floor. An epic comeuppance for an utterly insufferable bastard.

Sliding tackle is at 22:30. Its even funnier all these years later.

You just can't time that. I've fell over before, but I've never wiped anyone out with me. The timing of the slip, the feet jarring into the shins of the mother and the Flair bump she takes is so perfect.

A million times thank you.

• Paid Members
It's really amazing how strongly I remember all the contestants from the very first series

Yes.

the utter greatness of series 5,

Yes.

For me, there were four standout series:

Yes.

Season 2 was my favourite,

............oh, no.

Fuck off. And while you're at it go tell Chilly McFreeze they've had the nerve to create a thread named Season 5 Breaking Bad.

Archived