Big Brother. A fine show

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was there anyone likeable in BB10? I can't think of any off the top of my head...

I was just thinking that when someone mentioned Marcus. He was a complete twat, no question, but somehow I remember thinking he was one of the less twatty people in there that year. That is odd. It was a monumental assembly of arseholes, even by BB standards. I can't really remember anyone particularly likeable in there the following series either, and it's no surprise they decided to put the series (as we know it) out of its misery at that point. A fair smattering of wankers is a given for any BB house, but as a minimum you've got to have a comedy villain and a couple of likable everymen.

EDIT: In fact, I think my favourite in BB10 by default was that comedy Scottish pretendy Triad who kept threatening to get people bumped off. Pound shop Jia Kenmin.

• Paid Members

Kenneth Tong, who then became a full on cunt on Twitter.

Marcus wasn't likeable as such, but he was a good character because he seemed to be the first person who not only truly didn't care about winning, but also realised that Big Brother can't actually make you do anything you don't want to. That did lead to the bizarre moment when David and Lisa were taken out in a bus in costumes, and then Marcus took the remaining housemates outside the house 'walls' to the bit where all the cameras are, leading to a few minutes where there wasn't a single housemate in the house.

• Moderators

I remember at the time even, on here, people seem to cut Marcus a lot of slack because he had shared interests with them.

But those don't stop him being a knob. I brought it up because it's the reason I lost interest in that series part way through; there were just no people I could get behind.

I'm used to hating most of the people in the house, but I need a little something to cling on to.

Archived