Matches you wished happened

TheShowOff

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
There was another one on Prime Time too, taped before the Rockers split but aired afterwards (and acknowledged). I can't remember it at all from the time which leads me to believe I probably wasn't as avid a viewer as I thought I was as i'd have been all over that shit, but it was a right pisser being teased with the description of a 20 minute draw in the listings only to track it down and find out it was JIP from what must've been about the 14 minute mark. :(

Indeed, taped Jan 8th and aired Feb 3rd in 1992. Back when Prime Time had the occasional barnstormer - that wasn't too long after a Hitman/DiBiase match that was excellent.

My imagination's so shit that I've never even considered Undertaker vs. Goldberg. That could have been a good 'un.

It's on that "could still happen" list, though it'd be a lot worse than it would have been when Goldberg was there under contract. What was that, 2004?

It's on that "could still happen" list, though it'd be a lot worse than it would have been when Goldberg was there under contract. What was that, 2004?

Yeah but seems very unlikely now. 'Taker can't have that many WrestleManias left and I can't see them using those last matches on Goldberg.

My imagination's so shit that I've never even considered Undertaker vs. Goldberg. That could have been a good 'un.

I don't know, Undertaker might be more banged up nowadays but I think he's gotten much better at the "huge spectacle" match that Taker vs Goldberg would undoubtedly be. Since 2007 when that blinder with Batista happened, Undertaker has consistently brought his A-game. Of course the caliber of opponent helps (Edge, HBK, HHH), but get a good agent on it, Goldberg's meant to be in good shape still, it'd be awesome IMO.

Risky, though. Goldberg ain't the most gentle guy in the world, but neither is Lesnar, and he's been floated around as a potential Taker opponent.

• Moderators

Taker has slowed down considerably in the last even 2-3 years. It's been really noticeable.

Also the idea that he has dramatically improved in recent years is bollocks too. Yes, his matches consistently have a much bigger feel to them, but that's because he only wrestles once a year in a marquee match on the biggest show WWE promotes.

Archived