Matches you wished happened

TheShowOff

• Paid Members

Bryan is so fresh, that there are a few matches I want to see featuring him. 'Taker v Bryan for the Streak and Lesnar v Bryan are the first two that come to mind.

I considered Bryan v Cena a dream match for a few years, and it lived up to my high expectations.

Hogan v Austin is the ultimate dream match, though (by these rules). A shame we never got to watch that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
(by these rules)

Amazingly, a few posts already have completely disregarded the "When folk were under contract under the same roof" caveat. Poor, fellas.

While not strictly a match, I rue that we never got to see more of the 1991/92 Jake Roberts heel run. Still my favourite character in wrestling.

There were some intriguing combinations you could have gotten out of heel Jake. In particular, nobody would have doubted him as a VERY credible threat to Hitman's Intercontinental title. To my knowledge, that's a match that never happened during their (lengthy) spell working simultaneously "up north."

• Paid Members

Yeah, Bret vs Jake could have been good. I know Bret wrestled Rick Rude once in 1989 as well but I wish we'd have gotten that at a big PPV. If Rude had still been around in 1991/92 when Bret got the singles push maybe they'd have met on a bigger stage.

Goldberg vs Undertaker would have been interesting in 2003. And I'd like to have seen how Shawn Michaels and Scott Steiner would have gelled.

Did Savage vs Perfect never happen in the WWF then? I'm sure they had a match or two on Nitro later but no doubt they were short/ended with run ins/DQs etc.

I always really wished that Bret Hart and Randy Savage would have had a big PPV match as well.

Waltman has really pretty much wrestled everyone hasn't he? No obvious names are really jumping out at me who he didn't wrestle on PPV or TV. Apart from stuff like him and Marty vs Steiners like air_raid mentioned. That would have been great. Singles, who did he miss? I suppose him and Austin in '98 would have been good.

• Paid Members
Did Savage vs Perfect never happen in the WWF then? I'm sure they had a match or two on Nitro later but no doubt they were short/ended with run ins/DQs etc.

One five-minute match which ended via DDP run-in. They'd have probably wrestled again after Hennig turned on the Wolfpack but Savage went off injured literally the day after that turn and by the time he returned the angle and Hennig's career were both effectively dead. Rednecks aside, clearly.

I always really wished that Bret Hart and Randy Savage would have had a big PPV match as well.

Yeah, there is a vid knocking around of one of their house show matches for the belt from '94. It's pretty good. Basically the finish you expect - Hart kicks out of the first elbow (gasp!), Savage misses the second one, Sharpshooter. Bret survives his opponent's feared finish, then beats him with his hold. Textbook.

Awesome, I'll give that a whirl later.

• Paid Members

Meltzer confirmed that Shawn Michaels - Eddie Guerrero was planned for that Wrestlemania. Sadly Eddie passed away before they could grapple up. Loved to have watched it.

EDIT: Savage vs Bret Hart happened in Japan in 1994. Wonder what that was like. I believe Hart was subbing for somebody though.

Meltzer confirmed that Shawn Michaels - Eddie Guerrero was planned for that Wrestlemania. Sadly Eddie passed away before they could grapple up. Loved to have watched it.

EDIT: Savage vs Bret Hart happened in Japan in 1992. Wonder what that was like. I believe Hart was subbing for somebody though.

Thia is the Japan match from '94 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xftoqd_br...wwf-title_sport

Savage and Bret also squared off at Slamboree 98, where the decision was overturned on Nitro.

EDIT: Savage vs Bret Hart happened in Japan in 1994. Wonder what that was like. I believe Hart was subbing for somebody though.

Savage vs Hart happened at a WCW PPV in 1998 aswell, can't think which one though.

Archived