Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I watch Raw I feel a sense of loss that AJ can't mix it up with them, too. The brand extension shouldn't apply to him. In fact if you could somehow win that as a match stipulation it'd be a tidy little gimmick although presumably it would distrupt some appearance/exposure/pay structure with the rest of them.

Corbin really has a terrible look doesn't he, so bad. No muscle definition, no abs, no pecs, big spaceship belly button, horrible thin balding hair and crap ring attire.

Still looks better than Ambrose, he looks like a pale labourer.

Yeah, I don't get Corbin's look either. He does not look intimidating in the least.

• Paid Members

Completely lost interest in Ambrose lately. He's the prime example of too little, too late and by the time he gets to the top his weaknesses have been exposed. He should be embarrassed of the Austin podcast.

• Paid Members

Completely lost interest in Ambrose lately. He's the prime example of too little, too late and by the time he gets to the top his weaknesses have been exposed. He should be embarrassed of the Austin podcast.

I couldn't agree more. He came across as so small time, not at all like he was the reigning World Champion/face of the company. If anything, that podcast has done more to tarnish him in my eyes than a lot else.

Smackdown runs at only 1hr 25mins without adverts but they still squeezed in a pointless segment involving Kane and The Milkman. What the fuck was that all about?. The Headbangers haven't changed one bit but they're still just as shit in my opinion.  I can do without the upcoming Miz/Ziggler feud. I thought AJ made himself look a right tit selling the top rope injury, but I'm looking forward to their title match at Backlash, it should be a good one.

• Paid Members

What happened that was so bad on the Austin podcast?

I'm too lazy and unarsed to watch it or even listen to it on a drive home, so I said I'd ask you lovely peoples instead.

Basically Austin spent the whole thing trying to get some fire and passion out of him while Ambrose sat on his arse and muttered. At the end Austin accused him of being lazy and basically ordered him to cut a promo. Dean just stumbled over his words and stared blankly and looked like a confused child. Austins frustration wasn't exactly subtle.

• Paid Members

What happened that was so bad on the Austin podcast?

I'm too lazy and unarsed to watch it or even listen to it on a drive home, so I said I'd ask you lovely peoples instead.

Basically Austin spent the whole thing trying to get some fire and passion out of him while Ambrose sat on his arse and muttered. At the end Austin accused him of being lazy and basically ordered him to cut a promo. Dean just stumbled over his words and stared blankly and looked like a confused child. Austins frustration wasn't exactly subtle.

Pretty much this. He almost seemed bored by his own voice. Some people defend it as him being laid back or casual, but he's WWE champion, so you can't sit opposite Austin and not even attempt any sort of passion.

He was my favourite from The Shield back when you genuinely thought he was a bit mad and would have a million stories to tell, but he has nothing or no interest in telling so you're left with a mopey husk.

• Paid Members

I remember a promo he cut in FCW on Regal, he had tonnes of fire in that- excellent promo. Still had it in the early days of The Shield too. If his demeanour is deliberate, it's not working. Go back to the old Dean with the bit of fire. If he cares, that is.

Archived