Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually enjoyed Smackdown more than Raw, personally.

American Alpha and Breezango had a really good match I thought, Slater and Rhino could be good fun as has been said with the chicken-shit mouthpiece and the muscle backing him up. Carmella showed some good aggression in her segment with Nikki and Bliss/Becky was decent enough.

Am liking Dolph's makeover as he needs freshening up and there are some fresh matches on the horizon also with Bray/Orton and AJ/Ambrose.

• Paid Members

There is nowhere near enough talent in the Tag division. They needed to add some thrown together combos to give it spice.

I thought about that the other day and came to the realisation that they don't actually have that many options to just throw a team together. The majority of the roster are already in a tag team and those not, are too important as singles stars.

Those not in the tag division right now - AJ, Ambrose, Ziggler, Cena, Miz, Orton, Wyatt, Crews, Del Rio, Corbin, Kane, Kalisto, Rowan. How many of those 13 can they afford to take out of the singles to tag team division?

It is my hope though that Harper returns quickly and teams back up with Rowan. Also I hope the Dudleys, now being free agents again, are signed by SmackDown. Their latest run was shit but maybe in a new environment they can be treated as the greatest tag team rather than just some shit. And although I'm not usually a fan of them trying to recreate ECW, just signing RVD and Dreamer for a short-term deal and having them team up gives them another team. Gargano and Ciampa being called up is a possibility. Maybe get the Young Bucks signed and align with AJ - for Blue Club. Have Finn align himself with Gallows and Anderson for Red Club. 

They'd be the five teams I'd look at to improve SmackDown's tag division.

You're not putting them in the division, you're putting them in the tournament. It'd only need a couple to give it added gravitas. I'd have gone with Styles and Ambrose as a team to add to their main event at Backlash. Then a weird team like Kane & Wyatt who'd put over American Alpha on the way - maybe in the final.

There is nowhere near enough talent in the Tag division. They needed to add some thrown together combos to give it spice.

I thought about that the other day and came to the realisation that they don't actually have that many options to just throw a team together. The majority of the roster are already in a tag team and those not, are too important as singles stars.

Those not in the tag division right now - AJ, Ambrose, Ziggler, Cena, Miz, Orton, Wyatt, Crews, Del Rio, Corbin, Kane, Kalisto, Rowan. How many of those 13 can they afford to take out of the singles to tag team division?

It is my hope though that Harper returns quickly and teams back up with Rowan. Also I hope the Dudleys, now being free agents again, are signed by SmackDown. Their latest run was shit but maybe in a new environment they can be treated as the greatest tag team rather than just some shit. And although I'm not usually a fan of them trying to recreate ECW, just signing RVD and Dreamer for a short-term deal and having them team up gives them another team. Gargano and Ciampa being called up is a possibility. Maybe get the Young Bucks signed and align with AJ - for Blue Club. Have Finn align himself with Gallows and Anderson for Red Club. 

They'd be the five teams I'd look at to improve SmackDown's tag division.

You're not putting them in the division, you're putting them in the tournament. It'd only need a couple to give it added gravitas. I'd have gone with Styles and Ambrose as a team to add to their main event at Backlash. Then a weird team like Kane & Wyatt who'd put over American Alpha on the way - maybe in the final.

Fair dinkum. 

• Paid Members

They could stick Rowan and Corbin together as fodder for Slater and Rhyno next week. There is no need to drag Ambrose and Styles down into the tag division.

I thought the same. Corbin needs a team mate, he can pretend to be a loan wolf as much he as he wants, he's rubbish at it. Rowan could be a great shout.

Happy to see Breezango get some praise. They are in the mould of Edge & Christian and Miz & Morrison for me in their comedy and th fact they are both good workers. Them vs. Alpha would make a very entertaining fued. The Uso's are screaming out for a heel turn.

I might be in the minority but I actually like the Smackdown belts more than their Raw alternatives.

I dig them as well, more so because they are called "The Smackdown.." titles, and not "THE UNIVERSAL" championship or whatever.

I might be in the minority but I actually like the Smackdown belts more than their Raw alternatives.

I cannot see why they didn't have belts that looked different to the Raw ones though. They could have used a modified version of the old tag belts.

WWE_Tag_Team_Championship_2002.jpg

or either of these:http://teamhellions.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/wwetag.jpg

A bit of colour, rather than plain silver.

It's the same with the Universal belt; they could have used a modified version of old winged eagle belt that was being spoken about not too long ago. It would have been better than what they ended up with.

Great show (for a Smackdown) this week I thought. The best one since the split.

Only gripes really were that Breezango had to lose to Alpha this early. The match was excellent for what it was and probably should have been the final.

Also that there was a great opportunity to have Ascension CRUSH the Uso's and, at that point, before the Breezango match, I would have had them in the final. But no.

Uso's :(

Loved the Carmella/Nikki double turn. Becky and Alexa was crisp.

Incredible how entertaining Heath can be after years of TERRIBLE booking and awful factions.

AJ was brilliant. He needs the belt now and let him carry it all the way to Mania. Ambrose as champ is beyond shit.

I'm hoping Joe is turning up next week or at some point before the PPV. Have his debut at Backlash.

Fuck that opening segment man, fuck it and fuck WWE. You have Corbin, the biggest baddest bully on the roster, the ultimate heel chatting with a sheep mask wearing psycho Rowan like 2 blokes casually fucking waiting for their kids to come out of school. All this next to the ultimate babyface Apollo Crews, who is chatting to Rhyno, whatever he is, and Dolph having a little cry in the corner. What a fucking trainwreck of an opening, it was like some fancy dress party, nobody was seemingly aware of anybody else. Snapshot of what is wrong with WWE right there.

God I hate Dean Ambrose.

Alpha are tremendous, as is Slater, as is Double A. It's fucking Shane vs Brock, isn't it.

Archived