Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Zayn VS Miz is much, MUCH more appealing than Ziggler in the match instead. That title change has improved the match tenfold. I'm really looking forward to Survivor Series, all six matches interest me. If having Kalisto win the title was an elaborate plan months in the making, then fair enough. It always seemed bizarre to keep him away from the division, when he has the potential to be the division's lead babyface.

Where has this Headbangers Return come from, this is the 3rd time they've been used now since the Brand Split

Do they have friends in high places, out of all the teams available to return and play the same role it just seems odd that they've plumped on a team who have been gone for 16 years with no thought even given to them in that time.

Surely not one person can honestly say ''I wish the Headbangers would return''

At least the Spirit Squad had a reason to be reintroduced and have just stuck around the Headbangers is just so bizarre.

• Paid Members

WWE need to bring in the Young Bucks, I think the time is now right. Years ago, with their size and style, they wouldn't have got a look in. But in today's indierific WWE, they're perfectly suited. Plus, they're tonnes more entertaining these days. They'd be over like fuck in no time. I doubt we'd see the Meltzer Driver, though.

I'd love to see them come in with Kenny Omega, you'd think they're keeping an eye on him too. The three coming in would be pretty damn good.

• Paid Members

Something like that, I think it stemmed from an incident where they refused to go and shake Booker T's hand or something. They've claimed it didn't go down they way people claim. I think with the roster how it currently is, they probably wouldn't have that issue these days. They probably know most of them well.

Cracking rating for Smackdown this week, 1.95 up from 1.38 last week, albeit that was against the election, but it's still high compared to the average. They fell just short of Raw's 1.98.

I'm glad it was reflected in the ratings as I really enjoyed the show, it had a special feel to it, being the 900th show, Edge and Taker, ignoring the absolutely asinine Survivor Series stuff which placed The Usos next to American Alpha chanting along with Booker T when a few weeks ago The Usos viciously attacked AA and injured Gable, seemingly trying to end his career. I don't think I have been as frustrated by WWE in a long time as I have been with some of this nonsensical build, they are dismissing anything that makes sense within the narrative of Wrestling for what.......the idea that Wrestlers will fight for a colour or brand that they have been a part of for only about 3 months, I have not go the words for how dumb this concept is.

I've heard them say that Booker T thing was quashed ages ago

Yeah, they posed for a photo too with Booker, cheekily shaking hands.

Supposedly the whole thing was a misunderstanding. The Bucks said in an interview that when they were at the WWE arena for meetings they were being rushed about from place to place to meet various people and so they weren't long in the locker room before a staff guy came in to get them and take them to meet someone else. It wasn't that they didn't want to introduce themselves to Booker, it was that they weren't given the time to say hello to everyone in the locker room before being called out for another meeting.

• Awards Moderator

The Usos next to American Alpha chanting along with Booker T when a few weeks ago The Usos viciously attacked AA and injured Gable, seemingly trying to end his career. I don't think I have been as frustrated by WWE in a long time as I have been with some of this nonsensical build, they are dismissing anything that makes sense within the narrative of Wrestling for what.......the idea that Wrestlers will fight for a colour or brand that they have been a part of for only about 3 months, I have not go the words for how dumb this concept is.

The frustrating part is how easy that is to smooth over. Just one in-ring or backstage line in a 2 hour show: "I don't like you but I'll get along with you for the good of the brand" and it's at least acknowledged. But nope, let's just carry on.

• Paid Members

It's also bonkers to me that they're pushing it on the basis that "Their livelihoods are on the line!" and they're battling for success in TV ratings.

Are WWE outwardly telling us that the teams that lose are shit and therefore we should stop watching the show on which they appear??

I saw some of the divas part last night and it didn't sit well with me at all. For starters, you've got Charlotte and Sasha working together after trying to kill each other a few weeks ago, and then you've got the best pure babyface for years in Bayley taking part in a 5 on 1 assault. All for the honour of defending Raw.

Nia Jax looked absolutely hideous in a t-shirt too.

Archived