Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd depend how Miz handled it.

When Heyman came out to Punk's music in Chicago, his excellence on the mic prevented the crowd from shitting on it. And I think Miz could do a similar thing, he'd revel in the crowd booing the fuck out him. Especially if WWE can keep it quiet that they're going that route.

I can't see Smackdown losing. I don't think they could afford to lose 3 guys from their roster, where there are probably a couple of guys from Raw that could benefit from going to Smackdown. Big E could be great if they nab him.

The ending to that was a bit of an anticlimactic cop-out but until then it was bags of fun. Ellsworth with that superkick ("no chin music" being Otunga's one redeeming piece of commentary so far) with his second bit of offense had me screaming!

I'd say that was another quality show on the whole

Heath & Rhyno are a seriously good team. I dunno how long it will last but I'm really appreciating them in and out of the ring. Didn't get huge focus this week but a really funny pre-taped promo and a fun match the crowd really got into despite nothing really being on the line.

The Curt Hawkins vignettes were god-awful, but that was likely on purpose and I like his act. Him walking away from the match was great. Total cornball coming out with shit puns will make a more useful addition to the midcard than Shelton Benjamin probably would

They gave Nikki her very own Cena-esque promo battle segment with Carmella, and I thought it actually came off pretty well! I actually wanna see them fight now, which I definitely didn't previously. Job very well done. Both Carmella and Alexa Bliss seem very comfortable on the mic, which is great to see. As much as I love Bayley and Sasha, their mic skills are their downfall barring odd exceptions.

Wyatt and Orton are having a bloody casket match aren't they

• Paid Members

Both the Styles/Ellsworth match and the show in general were good but not as good as last week. Was never going to live up to it. Continues to be a tidy show week to week though.

I liked this weeks hokey Wyatt stuff. Happy to see Harper back and caskets in wrestling are always great, right? Ask Vampiro.

Archived