The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I feel a bit sorry for the 'other' match types on that show. I love a good ladder match, can't beat em when they're great for pure thrills. Tables isn't really an interesting match, never seen a particularly good one, it's difficult to tease putting someone through a table and draw much reaction from it, so I'm not expecting too much there tbh though Lynch and Bliss are both excellent. Chairs just isn't a fucking match-type and I wish they'd stop trying to pretend it is one.

With tables I think they could switch that match type up by doing a Two Out Of Three Tables match, would add a bit more suspense and psychology to the match-ups while also givin the crowd more spots to look forward to and being less anticlimactic. Seems a win-win

Edited by sj5522

an actual "which champion will they go after" angle could breathe life into that tired concept again..

You could even just have 3 Raw guys and 3 Smackdown guys fighting for the chance to win a contract against their champ. It would still be a bit more interesting.

Alternativly as WWE are more open to the indie scene stick a RAW or Smackdown contract in there. A few videos like they did for CWC and if could be fun.

Chairs just isn't a fucking match-type and I wish they'd stop trying to pretend it is one.

What is a chairs match? Never seen one. Do you win if you hit your opponent with it or are you just allowed to use chairs and nothing else as weapons? Either sounds shit. Musical chairs would be better.

Going back to the Elimination Chamber, I don't know why they've never done a 3v3 tag match like on Smackdown vs Raw. Even a 2x2x2 tag match would be good, stick Revival, American Alpha and and Cass in there. If Enzo was one of the first two and Cass was the last in the pod, there'd be a huge pop when he came out. 

Edited by Undefeated Steak

They just twat each other on the back and in the tummy with the chairs in the chairs matches until a basic pinfall or submission. I don't know if you'd actually get DQ'd or whatever if you whipped out a kendo stick or something. Just totally pointless.  Always at this event too so it's never even been allowed to be the most physical match on the card, when it could at least have a little use. It's silly really, just say no holds barred!

3v3 in the Chamber could be shit hot if they had the right teams. Like a modernized wargames.

Pfft. Chairs Match. Few years back we had a fucking STAIRS MATCH.

Missed that one, what were the rules for that again? Just bosh them with the steps?

• Paid Members

Pfft. Chairs Match. Few years back we had a fucking STAIRS MATCH.

Tables, Ladders, Chairs and Stairs was pretty dire in terms of creativity.

3v3 in the Chamber could be shit hot if they had the right teams. Like a modernized wargames.

Totally. It's a shame we never got the Shield against the Wyatts in there at the height of their rivalry. Rollins and Ambrose could've spent the match taking silly bumps off the pods and into the metal and then had Reigns come out last Goldberg style. 

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

Reigns as the great equaliser coming out last would have been the shit. People would have loved that. I really hope they're not teasing the Shield reunion just to try and get Reigns over more. He was good this week on Raw. I think people are starting to warm to him again.

Don't watch current WWE enough to know whether he's had anytime out but surely the best thing for the long run would be giving him 6 months off. Kayfabe an injury and then have him return out the blue in time for a big Summerslam match.

Nah, it wouldn't work. It would be the same thing that always happens with Cena. There's an initial pop where the shit fans let go of their gimmick and allow themselves to enjoy wrestling, but five seconds later they remember that they have to boo him because Reddit told them to.