The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I wasn't paying full attention during Zayn's match last week, but weren't they playing up some kind of injury that he was competing with? That would provide an excuse for him to lose to Owens while remaining the plucky warrior who might very well get it done the next time they meet.

I wasn't paying full attention during Zayn's match last week, but weren't they playing up some kind of injury that he was competing with? That would provide an excuse for him to lose to Owens while remaining the plucky warrior who might very well get it done the next time they meet.

Yeah he had an Ankle injury in his match with Rollins the week before (which I guess was done to make Zayn's loss not as bad having had an injury) 

I'd happily go with that. Then have Rollins vs Jericho, and Reigns vs Rusev, as the other two top matches on the PPV.

• Paid Members

Poor show. Have it all watched before leaving for work in 15 minutes. Thankfully I didn't spend all day in work avoiding spoilers, getting excited about the prospects of where things might be going, to be greeted with that - at least I got it out of the way early.

• Paid Members

Jericho's "longest reigning Universal champion" line followed with "7 days!" was good. In fact, the whole Jericho/Owens story was marvelous, but I fear it leads Jericho turning into a babyface again soon enough. Owens carries himself like a star and can actually talk, so all good so far.

Also funny that they didn't even bother saving the Zayn match for a PPV.

The acting of Stephanie and Foley was proper bad, even by wrestling standards.

• Paid Members

I thought the follow-up was quite good. Foley initially being annoyed but then putting his trust in Stephanie was a nice addition to the story. Is she or isn't she in on it. Then Steph going apeshit and suspending Rollins. Coo. And then they undid it all and did the same show they always do. Boo.

Gallows & Anderson have the worst material in all of wrestling. Absolutely hideous again.

Cass & Enzo getting that Labour stuff over was incredible. It should have died a death.

Sasha's "I have to retire" speech wasn't as good as Mark Henry.

Agree on the "longest reigning Universal Champion" line from Jericho. Preoper funny.

Rusev to cost Reigns his shot next week? Reigns to carry on as the babyface everyone hates forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever?

And ever?

Enjoyed the opening segment a lot - Rollins is in the right place finally, nice fire in the promo and should be a long old time til we see that shit fake laugh again. Suited Owens/the Kevin Owens Show has me very excited, him and Jericho plastered everywhere sneering at everybody is exactly what I need from this show. Ending was a tad damp as when Jericho and Owens had Reigns cornered I expected Rollins to rush out to a big pop. Owens' and Zayn's match at Battleground was one of the best of the year so far and will still be at the end of the year, but tbh I don't need to see them placed together again for a long time now. Sami should replace Del Rio on Smackdown or something.

Apart from that, some decent segments but nothin that special

I liked the Old Day joke for the first 5 seconds of it but segment went on way too long into cringe territory. I didn't mind Anderson & Gallows showing a goofy side for a bit but I agree it doesn't really suit them and their material just isn't very funny

Never expected to see Bo Dallas squash a jobber on Raw. intriguing.

Jacky Gallagher's coming to Raw!! Yay!

Sheamus going 3-0 on Cesaro did have me going 'wow' to be fair to them, shame the must-win match for Cesaro is on a house show

Thought Alicia Fox came off pretty well in her segment, apart from when she said "you're right Nia, this isn't reality"

Was terrified for a moment Sasha would be retiring while that dipshit in the crowd "what"ed and heckled. What a prick.

Braun Strowman should've torn Sin Cara's mask clean off, no doubt. I mean, Sin Cara is not that good or anything but how's a guy stand a chance with no eyes or mouth ffs? Listening to his muffled promo was ludicrous.

Edited by sj5522

Thing is...is Reigns a face at the minute? He's not particularly acting like one and he doesn't get the reactions of a blue eye so is this just their lame attempt at a tweener?

I don't know, but it's wank either way because Reigns is obviously great and they need to sort something quick because if he's going to be around for the next 10 years, he's going to become stale really quickly.

Edited by PSF

• Paid Members

I liked the Old Day joke for the first 5 seconds

You suck!

Thing is...is Reigns a face at the minute? He's not particularly acting like one and he doesn't get the reactions of a blue eye so is this just their lame attempt at a tweener?

I don't know, but it's wank either way because Reigns is obviously great and they need to sort something quick because if he's going to be around for the next 10 years, he's going to become stale really quickly.

I don't know what he is. At times, he looks kind of heelish. Carrying on as normal and completely ignoring the reactions to do his stuff on the turnbuckle and such. But then he'll smile and give Mick Foley a thumbs up with no irony and look like the same fucking idiot. We're stuck in groundhog day.

I liked the Old Day joke for the first 5 seconds

You suck!

I think it was just the slowed down theme tune to be honest. I just like the idea of your entrance music gradually losing energy as you get older.

I never thought I'd say it but Strowman is fast becoming one of my favourite things on the show. Looking on Youtube to see who he's leathered is now the first thing I do on a Tuesday morning. I think it's since the Austin podcast, I'm way more invested in him as a person and just want to see him be successful. It's also in part to what he's doing being very similar to Cena's US open challenge in that it's exciting to see who the next opponent will be. There were parts in that Sin Cara match that were seriously sloppy but I'm sure that's something that will improve over time and dependant on whoever he's facing. 

It's obviously leading up to someone challenging him and going over but it's intriguing as to who it could be. If it was me (shit fantasy booking alert), I'd have him keep demolishing lower and mid-card guys with the challengers getting progressively better each week but keeping the ten count as his finish, eventually having Rusev challenging to a Last Man Standing Match and Strowman taking the US title. Continue the open challenge, drawing comparisons to Cena's open challenge run and how his reign is much more dominant. Have him beat Cena clean at the Rumble cementing him as the dominant force. More squashes each week leading to an open challenge match at Mania with either Joe, Nakamura or Roode with the challenger going over.

I've said it before but eventually I'd love to see Braun in the monster babyface role like dayglow, singlet wearing Crush.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members

This was the least interesting Strowman has been. Having to sell for Sin Cara was a stupid idea. And only winning by count-out. He should have laced him. And that head scissors into the corner was hideous. Dunno why they've exposed him so soon.

Just remembered Enzo and Cass jobbed to the fucking Colons. Ugh.