The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

WWE saw the viewership for RAW fall this week, coming in at 3.191 million viewers. By comparison, the show drew 3.238 million last week.

This was a low number going into this Sunday's PPV Extreme Rules, but what really stood out was the low third hour viewership that RAW drew.

The hourly breakdown for this week's RAW was as follows:

First Hour: 3.376 million viewers (3.345 million viewers last week)

Second Hour: 3.302 million viewers (3.356 million viewers last week)

Third Hour: 2.894 million viewers (3.013 million viewers last week)

The Colons "debut" was a bit anti-climatic after weeks of vignettes, some nice moves and all but i can see them feuding with Breezango (sp?) in the not too distant future.

I think FaBreeze is a better tag team name.

Agreed

I mentioned it before and was told I was exaggerating, but I'm still flabbergasted by the poor reactions for AJ Styles. Wrestling fans are shit.

'Smart' fans are pretty much getting everything they've ever dreamed of with WWE at the minute, and they're still not happy.

'Hey, AJ STYLES is in a fucking main event feud in WWE, how cool?'

'Nah, fuck that. Where's Tyler Black? Fucking AJ Styles. Always holding people back.'

I'm going to start watching on mute, I think.

I did notice it much more this week, admittedly. AJ's just not getting the big roars outside the usual towns. I don't know if it's smart fans being dopes though or if there's just not enough smart fans in these crowds as what maybe WWE and the smart fans themselves have been banking on?

It's all fine and good when your in Philly and Chicago and everyone's watching NXT every week and these guys are coming in with pre packaged hype but WWE are going to learn the hard way for the next few months I think that it doesn't always translate instantly to Greenville, NC (which has always been cack for a town in an oldschool hotbed, I remember the AE podcast guys complaining routinely about PPVs like Unforgiven 98 and KOR 99 being dead there).

WWE really need to steer the course with these guys and continue to push them in the positions they've already been thrust into rather than count on this smart crowd hype to carry them and not bother to write (gasp!) character for them. I've long been skeptical of how fast the actual mass WWE audience would take to this new era stuff and the relative indifference to AJ in a lot of these places kinda cements that for me.

The people that post pics of their signs for the night on Instagram and hassle Road Dogg on Twitter really and truly in the last few years since the Bryan Royal Rumble shit have started to try and dictate these shows and I actually think at this point in lieu of any other decent ideas and with the spate of injury Vince has let Triple H pretty much listen to them. Possibly a bit too much.

• Paid Members

The Colons "debut" was a bit anti-climatic after weeks of vignettes, some nice moves and all but i can see them feuding with Breezango (sp?) in the not too distant future.

I think FaBreeze is a better tag team name.

Agreed

FandanGorgeous surely?

AJ's a difficult one. I suppose a lot of the crowd doesn't actually know how to react to him.

He's a new guy, he's not exactly the clearcut babyface in the role or anything either. Until they make it clear one way or the other, I imagine the crowds will continue to be split.

It's no bad thing really.

Plus some crowds are just shit anyway.

Ambrose actually actually ACTUALLY looked like an actual lunatic last night! I really wasn't fussed about seeing him v Jericho again but that segment was fantastic and Jericho sold it brilliantly

For those that don't know who AJ is, it's harder to cheer for him when he's siding with clear heels in Anderson and Gallows.

Your sentance has more to do with Reigns than it does with AJ. I reckon with the Cena type of crap JBL has been told to say saying such as "whether you like him or hate him, he always gets a reaction", your post is exactly what WWE want isn't it? The people that don't know AJ to cheer Roman, and the people that do know AJ to boo Roman. I really think they're deliberately going for the 50/50 crowd split for Roman.

Out of curiosity, did Hulk Hogan have this kind of 50/50 split? I remember being in primary school (1990?) and loving Hogan, but a friends older brother was in secondary school and was saying how Hogan was crap and was telling us 

we should like Piper, Jake and Mr Perfect.

• Moderators

No, Hogan only started to get the shittier reactions really late on. The first example I can think was the pop Undertaker got for beating him at Sruvivor Series 91. Until then it was wild unabashed cheers all the way. No split.

Was that not around the same time those steroid allegations came about too? Once those stories hit the press while Hogan was still spouting his 'take your vitamins' bullshit, the fans started to turn on him. The fans didn't really give a flying fuck about him at Mania 8. Unless that's because it was common knowledge that it was his last match with the company at the time.

For those that don't know who AJ is, it's harder to cheer for him when he's siding with clear heels in Anderson and Gallows.

Your sentance has more to do with Reigns than it does with AJ. I reckon with the Cena type of crap JBL has been told to say saying such as "whether you like him or hate him, he always gets a reaction", your post is exactly what WWE want isn't it? The people that don't know AJ to cheer Roman, and the people that do know AJ to boo Roman. I really think they're deliberately going for the 50/50 crowd split for Roman.

Not really, WWE want everybody to cheer Reigns. They want their top babyface to be universally loved which is why, in my opinion, they've paired AJ with the heels. He's been on the roster for just under six months and already gone from face to heel for the sake of Reigns.