UKFF Music Swap

Nexus

• Paid Members

This has been mooted around for a while, but here it is.

UKFF Music Swap!

Rather than it being a CD Swap it's just going to be a music swap.

How do I take part?

Send me an email at ukffmusicswap@hotmail.co.uk before Midnight on the 16th August 2013.

Please include your forum name.

That sounds simple. There must be more to it than that?

Well, I would also like you to tell me how you would prefer to receive your playlists and how you would prefer to make them. The choices are thus:

Youtube playlist

Spotify playlist

MP3 files.

Each one has its advantages and disadvantages. Personally I would choose the latter two, but whatever. I will match you up depending upon what your preferences are, because if you can't access Youtube or whatever there's no point in someone sending you an amazing Youtube playlist.

*Note: neither I, The UKFF, its moderators or any other related 3rd parties condone or endorse any passing of illegal material of any kind through this exchange, any abuse of details provided by participants or any unsavoury behaviour of any kind.

By passing on your details you acknowledge full acceptance of the potential risk of passing your name, email and possibly real address on to some one on a forum, and this forum at that, and accept any risks. In doing so you acknowledge I, the UKFF, its Moderators or any other related 3rd party are in no way liable for your details or any repercussion from taking part.

By taking part you do so at your own risk*

What's going to happen after the 2nd August?

I will send you an email, and their preference. You will then send that person a playlist of upto 15 songs. No more because of the file sizes.

When you've listened to it, come here, give your opinion, then email me and I'll tell you someone else to pass it on to!

Sounds good!

Damn right. Inflict your musical taste on others.

Any questions? Suggestions? I'm open for suggestions.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Could perhaps each participant select the way they'd prefer to receive their playlist? I'd quite like to give this a go for the first time, but I'd probably want to be old school and have a CD - my main opportunity for listening to music is in the car. But I'm probably in the minority on that. Others might prefer mp3, others Spotify, and so on.

So would it be possible for people who sign up to say "I'm in - can I have CD please?" or "I'm up for this - Youtube would be great"?

Then, when the swappers are assigned, you would say 'You got Chest Rockwell, he'd like his playlist in mp3' or 'You've got HarmonicGenerator, CD if you can because he's a difficult bastard' - and that way, everybody gets music the way they want?

I've no CD burner and have wanted to do this for years, so am glad that things are opening up to different things. If sending a Youtubelist, why is the name and address required, or have I just totally misread that from the opening blurb?

• Moderators

Then you'd have to have people including whether they are willing to send a cd or not in their initial email. Because that's the most onerous one and the root of the shitty excuses in the past.

If you want a cd can't you just select the "mp3 files" option and burn the disc yourself..?

• Paid Members
Could perhaps each participant select the way they'd prefer to receive their playlist? I'd quite like to give this a go for the first time, but I'd probably want to be old school and have a CD - my main opportunity for listening to music is in the car. But I'm probably in the minority on that. Others might prefer mp3, others Spotify, and so on.

So would it be possible for people who sign up to say "I'm in - can I have CD please?" or "I'm up for this - Youtube would be great"?

Then, when the swappers are assigned, you would say 'You got Chest Rockwell, he'd like his playlist in mp3' or 'You've got HarmonicGenerator, CD if you can because he's a difficult bastard' - and that way, everybody gets music the way they want?

Isn't that what the Opening post says? I've asked for your preference on how you want it delivered, aka how do you want it-CD/youtube/Spotify/MP3. I will clarify it all.

I've no CD burner and have wanted to do this for years, so am glad that things are opening up to different things. If sending a Youtubelist, why is the name and address required, or have I just totally misread that from the opening blurb?

I copy and pasted Tommy!'s opening post bit. I'll change it. I don't need addresses at all.

• Paid Members

I'm out unless you guarantee I won't get a flake for the third fucking year straight :angry:

• Moderators

Isn't that what the Opening post says? I've asked for your preference on how you want it delivered, aka how do you want it-CD/youtube/Spotify/MP3. I will clarify it all.

That is what the OP says, pretty clearly I think. The only difference is the inclusion of the CD option. I really don't think that should be a choice, as long as mp3 files is an option the onus should be on the receiver to burn it on to a cd if that's what they want.

I've done this the last few years and I'd love to do it again, but I've no idea how to send mp3 files via email because I'm really thick. I guess I could send Mr Generator a CD, but then if its shit he knows its from me.

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, okay, that's fine. I'll admit to not knowing how to use Spotify or anything like that, but I just didn't think about burning mp3s to a CD myself - pretty simple really.

I misinterpreted the opening post as meaning people had to pick one of the options and that would be the basis for all the swaps - i.e. they'd all be Youtube, mp3 etc - rather than individual preference. So I got that wrong as well!

• Moderators
I've done this the last few years and I'd love to do it again, but I've no idea how to send mp3 files via email because I'm really thick. I guess I could send Mr Generator a CD, but then if its shit he knows its from me.

You'd just need to upload them on to some kind of fileshare. Someone on here (possibly myself, but not now) could talk you through it pretty easily.

Is the limit 15 songs no matter what?

In the past I've done CDs with 30 or 40 songs.

The CD arriving in the post was the best bit, but the bullshit excuses were increasing each year.. a lot of people really enjoyed making the covers too.

So, sending mp3s will be by email? Or some kind of sendspace type thing?

• Paid Members
Is the limit 15 songs no matter what?

In the past I've done CDs with 30 or 40 songs.

The CD arriving in the post was the best bit, but the bullshit excuses were increasing each year.. a lot of people really enjoyed making the covers too.

So, sending mp3s will be by email? Or some kind of sendspace type thing?

I'll create a dropbox account for UKFF or something. If you then zip them up it'd be easier.

15 songs to start with? I mean, go for 30 if you want, but if your music is shit then subjecting someone to 30 songs seems a bit OTT. :p

Archived