New Japan iPPV thread

JNLister

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, somebody who's bought the full package is being generous if you catch my drift.

The Voices of Wrestling blog is doing recaps of each show, complete with translations of some of the stuff mentioned on commentary.

Yeah, somebody who's bought the full package is being generous if you catch my drift.

The Voices of Wrestling blog is doing recaps of each show, complete with translations of some of the stuff mentioned on commentary.

If anyone were to inbox me how to watch these, I would be eternally grateful...

If anyone were to inbox me how to watch these, I would be eternally grateful...

I would not be adverse to this either. Thank you very much.

Has anyone ever read the comments on the Youtube videos of New Japan? They're amazing. Full of people talking about how its all about the wrestling and there's no sports entertainment there. I'm not sure they're actually watching the videos before making those comments to be honest.

• Moderators

I honestly think they don't. They just see it's Japanese, say it's good and then walk off without watching it. NJPW is great at the moment, and for me it's because of the US influences. I've never really got on with the Puro style, but NJPW really isn't puro as I see it. It's great fucking fun though.

• Paid Members

Its like those muppets who still go "Ring of Honor has a better roster than WWE and TNA". In 2013. Even TNA's depleted on the bones of its arse roster is better than current ROH (even though I actually prefer ROH, because of certain folk on it). People just want to spew the mainstream US wrestling is the devil bullshit.

Archer's quite a good big man wrestler now ain't he? I'm on day one now and him vs Ishii has been the best match. I enjoyed Yano vs Ibushii as well, especially the use of the unprotected turnbuckle from Yano. The other stuff hasn't done much for me although I'm up to Okada/Devitt now and I must say I'm loving Devitt's bloated entrance.

Did not get the iPPV myself, too expensive/too much to watch/time zone doesn't work for me.

However, really looking forward to seeing Ishii/Tanahashi, and pretty much anything that involves Devitt, Nakamura, Okada, Archer, Anderson, Shelton...IBUSHI! Man, what a lineup. Going to wait until I can watch DVD broadcast versions at my leisure.

By the way, not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I've been told you can purchase each individual show on iPPV here:

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/g1_climax

2000 points is $20 they said, but I haven't a clue if this is actually through NJPW or not. But it's an option. I may get the finals, haven't decided yet.

I bloody loved Ishii vs Archer from Day 1. Kinda came out of the blue, but of everything I've seen on that show so far, it was hands down the best. I'm not the biggest fan of Archer still, but he timed his cutoffs near perfect here, and his offense looked good (reverse DDT aside), although I'm not a huge fan of his finish. I guess it works because he's a tall fucker though.

Archived