Fav/Best Arcade game machine games!

goldeneye86

This game used to give me goosebumps just by walking within earshot of the arcade machine. I was never that into Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat but this game is the reason I only really play 2D fighting games today.

Good call on this one. Was never a game I really played but watching skilled players pull off those ridiculous combos was awesome.

Other favourites of mine:

Burger Time

burgertime1.jpg

Pole Position

1181242151134.jpg

Gauntlet

The%20Gauntlet%20in%20the%20Basement%20Arcade.jpg

Rampage

rampage.png

Lethal Enforcers

lethal_enforcers_1.jpg

Smash TV

smashtv.gif

Ferrari F355

118124210639.jpg

Ghouls and Ghosts

1181242110264.jpg

Wonderboy

wonderboy_cabinet.png

Xmen

xmenarcade.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

shinobi_rt.jpg

I was fucking obsessed with the demo 'insert coin' screen showing the POV stage with the hands throwing ninja stars. Even broke, i'd sit and watch that for ages.

Bad_Dudes_vs._Dragonninja_-_1988_-_Data_East.jpg

Or as i knew it, Dragon Ninja. Full on bummed this game, the day my mate got this for his Speccy is right up there with losing my virginity in terms of the happiest days of my life.

118124213995.jpg

Even though I was only young at the time, i still remember the shit storm this game caused because of its violent content.

As it stands, currently got a bit of a soft spot for this. Particularly rage mode. Planning a trip to Spalding bowling alley very soon as i hear they've just got it in.

9.jpg

Oh, and this...

1181242123382.jpg

So yeah, real diverse taste there as per usual.

aside from ones already mentioned like Wrestlefest and the Simpsons, I remeber this being really addictive and hard as hell!!!

118124206949.jpg

118124206952.png

118124206956.png

I've been trying to remember what it was called for years and only found out about 2 weeks back when playing on a old PS2 Game, Midway Arcade Tresures.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone used the Coin-ops 5 emulator. It emulates virtually every retro system you could want. It's also presented very slickly.

Looking to get my Xbox running this very soon.

• Paid Members

Got it on an XBox for Mrs Malcolm for Christmas. It's absolutely ace in terms of its selection but the menus are confusing and shit.

• Paid Members

Got it on an XBox for Mrs Malcolm for Christmas. It's absolutely ace in terms of its selection but the menus are confusing and shit.

Really? I have only used it briefly, and thought it was fine. What are the main issues? Which version do you have?

Sega's Eighteen Wheeler but only in the massive trucker's cab cabinet like this:

18-wheeler.jpg

rather than the Crazy Taxi-style NAOMI cabinet like this:

18_wheeler_ur_naomi_cabinet.jpg

With the big cab, it was genuinely the closest thing I've ever seen to a driving simulator. I absolutely loved it but was stunned by how much the cabinet cost.

Sega's Eighteen Wheeler but only in the massive trucker's cab cabinet like this:18-wheeler.jpgrather than the Crazy Taxi-style NAOMI cabinet like this:18_wheeler_ur_naomi_cabinet.jpgWith the big cab, it was genuinely the closest thing I've ever seen to a driving simulator. I absolutely loved it but was stunned by how much the cabinet cost.

haha no lie was going to post this myself fanastic game and never felt the same playing it on dreamcast and always preferred the huge cab, checked very arcade just to play it

I think when this bad boy turned up in Sega World in Bournemouth, it was the start of something for me:

virtuara.jpg

4 player in proper sitdown cars, with force feedback steering wheels? Bloody hell.

Check out the cool fashion attire of the kids playing is, I was definitely one of those kids there:

2virtuar.jpg

I've still yet to play a game like it - you even had a virtua commentator waving his arms on the screen above.

--------

Going back a few years before that, this one caused a stir:

starblade0521.jpg

STAR BLADE! 3d polgyonal graphics, you're the gunner on a spaceship ala Star Wars.

starblade-rightsheet.jpg

Really felt like you were in a spaceship.

I played it on 3d0 pat, but it's not the same. I was the cabinet, the roar of the machine, your mate shouting in your ear, that cool joystick. You can't recreate that.Similarly, I bought Op Wolf on the Spectrum, but Op Wolf with a ZipStik just wasn't the same :(

Archived