Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

I think if Feast and Dance were edited down to one 1000 page book instead of 3 books and 3000 pages it would be fucking spectacular. That's why I'm excited for the show because they'll probably edit that shit right down.

• Paid Members

That was the original plan, wasn't it? I think he originally planned three books- the first he had to split out into Thrones, Clash and Swords, the second Feast and Dance and then the third Winds of Winter or whatever it's called. Which explains why so many loose ends were tied up at the end of Swords/Series 4 compared to the previous books/series.

• Paid Members
That was the original plan, wasn't it? I think he originally planned three books- the first he had to split out into Thrones, Clash and Swords, the second Feast and Dance and then the third Winds of Winter or whatever it's called.

Yeah, it was originally a trilogy. But then again, at the point Crows was even published he mentions that the next book will be out "next year." As the hardcore book readers at the time will angrily attest... that didn't happen.

I'd hate to have Martin in my office. He's that guy that when you need the report for Tuesday, he tells you he'll have it for you by Thursday but it finally ends up on your desk at 8.58 Tuesday morning.

Thrones - good.

Clash - good.

Storm - very good. (would be improved with a Brienne/Hound fight though)

Crows - utter slog, has caused some people to give up on the series.

Dance - awesome, made everyone grateful they persevered through Crows.

For me, Clash was by far the hardest to get through. I really liked Crows but there's a lot of new characters and stuff going on which some people find hard to get their head round; almost like starting from the beginning again.

Storm is the best one by a huge margin.

• Paid Members
For me, Clash was by far the hardest to get through. I really liked Crows but there's a lot of new characters and stuff going on which some people find hard to get their head round; almost like starting from the beginning again.

Funnily enough, some of the new characters were among the bits of Crows I liked most, and it was actually some of the chapters concerning characters in from the start or near the start that I found repetitive.

I'll shut up now before neil asks me to, I reckon the question about "what books should show watchers read for now" has been thoroughly answered.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Can all you dickheads STFU about the books, or maybe take it to the GoT Books thread? It's as if you just can't help yourselves. This is just full-on book discussion right now!

Edited by herbie747

• Moderators
I'd hate to have Martin in my office. He's that guy that when you need the report for Tuesday, he tells you he'll have it for you by Thursday but it finally ends up on your desk at 8.58 Tuesday morning.

Yeah I have a developer who works on a product that I manage (he also used to be my boss lol) who is like that, utter nightmare. "Yeah end of this week"...never ever delivers on time.

But yeah anyway, probably enough book chat for this thread, although there was no spoilers given or anything so pipe down Herbie.

If any kind soul might know where a person might be able to find a complete HD version of Season 4, a PM would be gratefully received, as I'm not sure how much longer I can dodge spoilers on Facebook.

Edited by Loki

So many cocks :(

So, blasted through the series. Phew!

One question - how/why did Stannis suddenly turn up north of the Wall? Last we heard, he had only 30 ships and a few thousand men, and suddenly there he is, driving off a vast Wildling horde.

I'm assuming the Hound isn't dead. In a fantasy series, if you don't see them die, they're not dead. Even if you do, they'll probably resurrect.

• Paid Members

At the end of season 3, Stannis received a plea for help from the Nights Watch. Melisandre said that the true enemy, the dark one, is coming from the North so Stannis decided to go and help. On the way he got a loan from the Iron Bank which meant he could buy loads of soldiers and ships.

Ah, he DID get the loan then. I thought they said no.

The Iron Bank is on the same island as the shapeshifting guy came from / Arya had a coin from? That's got to tie together at some point.

John Snow is a dead duck, Melisandre's going straight for him. He has a thing for redheads, we know that. Are she and her God meant to be the good guys then?

All in all, a good series but although there were quite a lot of tits, the actual shag count was down, and no principal actresses got theirs out so I was a little disappointed. I'm hoping the girl with the curly hair who's made it to the big tree gets hers out in the next series. Come on GOT!