Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what did everyone think?

I'm never sure what the spoiler rules are on things like this so I've tagged my thoughts for safety....

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The opening with the sword forging was fantastic. I'd wondered how they were going to open and never thought of that. Really well done as well. I think they could have made more of it being Ned's sword for the casual/non-book people but I still loved it.

Hound and Arya were fanatastic as always. The fight scene was really good and the deaths were traditionally brutal, particularly Poliver. Very impressed how they fleshed him out in that scene to make you care when he got his. 'Can you walk boy?'

The 'trial' of Jon Snow was very good. I don't recall if Janos Slynt was referred to by name (I think not, which was a shame) but the reference to commanding the Kings Guard was good and well done.

Also loved Jamie 'growing up' through the episode.

There was so much happening, particularly for an opening episode,that I didn't realise until seeing the trailer for next week that we hadn't even seen Stannis.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

We've gone past British air date, so no need for spoiler tags in my book.

Good opening to what's sure to be a massive series. Interesting scene to end on - I thought that scene with the Freys in the final episode of last series was going to replace the one at the inn, but obviously not. I think the general creepiness of Arya's coup de grace on Polliver was a subtle indicator to her becoming a more morally grey character, though I'm not sure if that entirely went over with the audience at large judging by the memes I've seen floating about today. I love that The Hound just twats people in the face with his sword during fights.

Edited by Magnum

• Paid Members

I would also like strict rules against people who hint at stuff in the books. You know the types, with a wink and a nudge "that bit might not seem important now but wait until season 5 ;)" or "can't wait for a certain *insert character, event or location* bit coming up, people are gonna be so shocked :D" wankers.

• Moderators
I would also like strict rules against people who hint at stuff in the books. You know the types, with a wink and a nudge "that bit might not seem important now but wait until season 5 ;)" or "can't wait for a certain *insert character, event or location* bit coming up, people are gonna be so shocked :D" wankers.

No hinting, and definitely no 'guessing' that suggests you've read the books and want to look smart by calling something nobody could have seen coming otherwise. I'll know what you're doing. And I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD.