Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Has anyone had a go at making their own? If it's not too difficult then I could make my own and make the egg really runny. Or pop out the egg from the one I have in the fridge and replace it with a soft boiled one.

I'm still salivating at the thought of a soft-boiled Scotch Egg. Sounds beautiful.

Mrs Loki makes scotch eggs with soft-boiled eggs, she also adds some spices into the sausage mix to give it a little curry tang. They are the reason I married her.

Recipe please

Seconded.

Maybe should post it in the Food Thread, just in case.

I'll get her to dig it out later. She says she just added chilli into her usual recipe as far as she can remember. We use chilli like salt and pepper nowadays, as we grew so many last summer, we add it to everything.

• Paid Members
Used to be a bakery in Hull who did Cheese Eggs. A Scotch egg but with a cheese sauce instead of meat. They were incredible. Went out of business. I miss them :(

How did that work? Was it really gooey, or did the cheese solidify a little so you could hold it properly?

Recipe please

Seconded.

Maybe should post it in the Food Thread, just in case.

I'll get her to dig it out later. She says she just added chilli into her usual recipe as far as she can remember. We use chilli like salt and pepper nowadays, as we grew so many last summer, we add it to everything.

Thanks in advance! My family's big into chilli, and loads of spices too.

• Paid Members
Used to be a bakery in Hull who did Cheese Eggs. A Scotch egg but with a cheese sauce instead of meat. They were incredible. Went out of business. I miss them :(

How did that work? Was it really gooey, or did the cheese solidify a little so you could hold it properly?

It wasn't gooey but wasn't hard either. Perfect texture to hold together and be "a pleasure to eat" as Jamie Oliver would lisp.

I had a veggie scotch egg at the weekend (some kind of mushroom thing instead of meat), the egg was practically soft-boiled. Very nice.

Holland and Barratt do a very nice meat-free Scotch Egg

But not a patch on their "Steakless Bake" which tastes exactly like a Greggs pasty, but loads less calories and that.