Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I was reading the comments beneath a topic posted by someone from my old home town.

One if the comments was from another person from my home town that I vaguely remember.

Their profile picture is of her holding her dead cat and crying towards the camera.

I had to go on her page to see if the image is a recent upload and sure enough it is. 50+ comments of "so sorry, we know what you're going through" and "it's horrible when you lose your little ones".

So, is it acceptable as part of the grieving process to post such pics online. Or is this the epitome of attention seeking?

I bloke I knows granddaughter unfortunately died a day or two after she was born. He then posted a picture of his dead grandchild on Facebook. And not in an open-casket, made up to not look so dead, kind of way. In a Laura Palmer, washing up on the shore, kind of way.

14 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I bloke I knows granddaughter unfortunately died a day or two after she was born. He then posted a picture of his dead grandchild on Facebook. And not in an open-casket, made up to not look so dead, kind of way. In a Laura Palmer, washing up on the shore, kind of way.

That is beyond words. 

• Paid Members
On 01/07/2017 at 10:31 PM, SuperBacon said:

She was holding a picture of the dead cat??? Some people 

It was a picture of her holding a dead cat, which is now her profile image.

Anyway, that's got fuck all on the one above. I can't even comprehend that.

3 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It was a picture of her holding a dead cat, which is now her profile image.

Anyway, that's got fuck all on the one above. I can't even comprehend that.

Yeah but what I want to know, is the cat dead in the photo? Like did she pick up it's dead body and take a photo with it? 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah but what I want to know, is the cat dead in the photo? Like did she pick up it's dead body and take a photo with it? 

Yes, her, photo, cat, dead 

Grim

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, wordsfromlee said:

A girl I used to know changed her middle name to "Mummytobe", and then several months later changed it to "Angelbaby".

While this kind of thing makes me cringe, it explains what's going on in her life and my dislike of the FB middle name thing is my fault and my problem.

However, while I completely sympathise with her for what happened and she clearly had difficulties in coping with the loss, posting pictures of her dead baby was not cool. When you put stuff like that on Facebook, it's no longer a personal thing just for yourself and you have to consider what effect it may have on others.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That is indeed grim. But I really want to see it now. 

I won't be doing that however, this is an image of 'ba-ba-ba' notice he is upset due to his head being face down. He is holding a laceless boot, some would argue it has no further function. 

IMAG0303.jpg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi