DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Wasn't he in trouble as far back as Apt Pupil for filming underage lads in the nip for a concentration camp flashback scene or something?
I remember reading about that in Total Film way back in the day, and it unnerved me and he's never sat right with me since.

It's all in that cunt Singers' slitty eyes. I'd say he'd have instigated and hosted a few Barrymore-esque parties and had a Jack Russel lick Sun Pat from his undercarriage, while being served spritzers by a 16 year old boy wearing a Bang Bang Bart outfit. He just has that look about him.

I adore The Usual Suspects, and X2 for the record, so I'm aware of the conflict and hypocrisy going on here...

Wasn't he in trouble as far back as Apt Pupil for filming underage lads in the nip for a concentration camp flashback scene or something?

I remember reading about that in Total Film way back in the day, and it unnerved me and he's never sat right with me since.

It's all in that cunt Singers' slitty eyes. I'd say he'd have instigated and hosted a few Barrymore-esque parties and had a Jack Russel lick Sun Pat from his undercarriage, while being served spritzers by a 16 year old boy wearing a Bang Bang Bart outfit. He just has that look about him.

I adore The Usual Suspects, and X2 for the record, so I'm aware of the conflict and hypocrisy going on here...

Have a watch of the doc called An Open Secret if you ever get the chance, it was on Youtube at one point so may be still up

• Paid Members

Talking of people who look like they aren't allowed within 500 yards of a school or scout hut, here's Victor Silva, noncey director of Clownhouse, which was a big "shit this is scary" film when I was a kid, and then vanished off of the shelves because he molested the lead actor. 

Victor_Salva.jpg

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

Love Pierce Brosnan. There's a warm, honest charm to him I find. I imagine he reads the nice Jesus bits in the Bible and eats massive plates of potatoes at a big wooden table. I won't have it that he wasn't a brilliant Bond. I'll go with what Keith said about him being a great Bond with some bad films to work with, even then it's only his second two in my book. Tomorrow Never Dies has a great opening, touchpad car, Elliot 'delicious' Carver with his face printed down the side of a building and Scooter as a henchman.

Echo the love for TND, I think it has just the right amount of incredulousness, Prior to Bond he was great in Taffin and Death Train, the latter of which is a cracking slice of Euro B movie goodness. During Bond he did stints in Mars Attacks and Thomas Crown Affair I liked also Dante's Peak was a lovely disaster movie. Ive heard good things about some other stuff but not got round to it

• Paid Members

"Clownhouse" and a small time 80s British chiller called "Paperhouse" are very creepy. "Paperhouse" is always on the Horror Channel and its very creepy, not scary, just creepy. "Paperhouse" has no convicted paedos in it though. Probably both of them on KODI. Use the "Exodus" plugin.

About Pierce Brosnan, I thought that the depressing "Evelyn" was a good film. Terrible Irish accent for some bizarre reason, but decent film.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

My pots were gone - the likes of which they hadn't been since Argo - when

she wrapped the wee lad in the carpet and your man had him in the back of the pickup

Personally, I think Brie Larson is the best actress in Hollywood at the moment, with Amy Adams just sniffing her stout-pipe. She is an absolute virtuoso at every genre, at every turn.

• Paid Members

I've always loved Paperhouse — very unnerving film. Remember watching it for the first time whilst I was half-asleep, which made it even more dreamlike. 

I've never seen it but it seemed to be an trailer on every VHS we rented for a few years. The weird house in it stuck with me for years.

• Paid Members

I've always loved Paperhouse — very unnerving film. Remember watching it for the first time whilst I was half-asleep, which made it even more dreamlike. 

I've never seen it but it seemed to be an trailer on every VHS we rented for a few years. The weird house in it stuck with me for years.

Trailers for Paperhouse, Deadly Friend and Blue Jean Cop (honorable mention to Dollman) were on every fucking VHS I owned at one stage.

I'm going to watch Paperhouse tonight, actually. Thanks gents.

• Paid Members

If you're ever over here in Dublin, we're going to the Grindhouse cinema, Chokey!

I actually should really watch Dollman sometime. It’s one of those trailers that always unnerved me in the same way that Ultravox and ads about AIDS did for some reason, so I gave it a bit of a wide berth.

I was probably one of the only people who liked Pyuns’ Cyborg, so I think this warrants a viewing.

The Ambulance! There was another one that always popped up.