DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

i picked up Hated from Forbidden Planet when i was about 15, i'd never heard of GG Allin before i picked it up, i was shocked to say the least. I wish i still had that VHS, it was one of them ones that did the tour of everyone's house i knew so i never know where it ended up :(

Did any of you know Hated was directed by Todd Phillips of Hangover fame? speaking of The Hangover, i went to the cinema and enjoyed Part 3 more than i was expecting too, guess i was just in the right mood :)

• Paid Members

That B-movies set is awful aside from Night Of The Living Dead and The Stuff.

• Paid Members

Would normally say go for the Meyers films but the B Movie collection has 'The Stuff' in it which is a cracking 80s horror film. I assume the Night of the Living Dead in it is the terrible colourised version?

• Paid Members

I bought the Meyer boxed set last year. I love the two very distinct styles he has between his black and white and his colour films. They're proper mens drinking films too, brilliantly quotable.

I would have gladly traded the Pandora Peaks DVD for Beyond The Valley of The Dolls though, and it's unlikely I'll ever watch Black Snake a second time.

I've just finished watching 80s Italian horror film Demons, and it's fucking nuts. It was one of those films where I've seen the trailer many times, but never the actual film.

It was as if they were pulling ideas out of a hat by the time the ending came round.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

A man riding a motorcycle through a cinema killing demons with a samurai sword. And then a helicopter falls through the roof. So they use the winch to get up on the roof. And then one of the guys turns out to be a Terminator style robot. Of course!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Demons is absolutely great, isn't it? No Italian horror films make sense, though, so give up on that front. Demons 2 is also really good and you might also really like The Church, which was initially conceived as a second sequel.

• Paid Members

No idea, I just know my brother used to play it a lot and I enjoyed watching him on it.

Presumably you've seen Layer Cake? That was one of the best films I saw last year.

Ah, The Getaway, hyped as the British GTA at the time, not heard about it in years. I remember people being very excited and very disappointed, but maybe that's just because it didn't match up to Vice City which everyone I knew was playing 24/7 at the time. Was always more of a Gran Turismo/Pro Evo man myself when it came to video games.