DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Members

Oh and Kevin Spacey is incredibly underrated as an actor still. His turn as Lester Burnham, Top 5 performances ever.

Kevin "won virtually every acting award under the sun" Spacey is underrated?

Awards mean fuck all. Titanic won Best Picture.

I feel like when people talk about the greatest actors of all time, he gets overlooked way too much. Tom Hanks gets more praise than him.

• Paid Members

Oh and Kevin Spacey is incredibly underrated as an actor still. His turn as Lester Burnham, Top 5 performances ever.

"American Beauty" is such a great film. Sad and funny all in it's glorious package. Whole gay part at the end you wouldn't have seen coming.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Members

"American Beauty" is such a great film. Sad and funny all in it's glorious package. Whole gay part at the end you wouldn't have seen coming.

Is it that Chris Cooper is gay, or that he's just so confused by the modern world, and it's just desperation to be a part of the society that he protests to loathe?

• Members

Congrats to the last two posters on their stellar use of spoiler tags there.

Fucking lol. You want me to tell you how Casablanca ends as well?

Watched The Brown Bunny last night. Most people know it as the film where Vincent Gallo gets a nosh off Chloe Sevigny. There's a reason for that - it's the only fucking thing that happens in the whole film. I can't even imagine how horrible the 2 hour version is.

Fucking ruined that for me now!!!

• Awards Moderator

Went to see Warcraft tonight with a friend who was desperate to see it because he's a massive fan of the game. Fuck me, it's terrible, I could see the love they've put into the design of everything but the film itself... The ending couldn't be more blatant in sequel-baiting but there's no way that mess is getting a sequel. Stay away!

• Paid Members

Is it that Chris Cooper is gay, or that he's just so confused by the modern world, and it's just desperation to be a part of the society that he protests to loathe?

He's obviously gay as gay can be, also is jealous when he thinks his son is firing into Lester (Spacey). Think I'll be rewatching this tomorrow. Thanks SuperBacon!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Exactly. SuperBacon, he's not confused by the modern world acting in desperation to be a part of the society that he protests to loathe (whatever the fuck that means). He's clearly a massive self loathing closet case. You're either over thinking it, or you didn't understand it.

• Members

Exactly. SuperBacon, he's not confused by the modern world acting in desperation to be a part of the society that he protests to loathe (whatever the fuck that means). He's clearly a massive self loathing closet case. You're either over thinking it, or you didn't understand it.

Overthinking it obviously

• Moderators

Congrats to the last two posters on their stellar use of spoiler tags there.

Fucking lol. You want me to tell you how Casablanca ends as well?

Watched The Brown Bunny last night. Most people know it as the film where Vincent Gallo gets a nosh off Chloe Sevigny. There's a reason for that - it's the only fucking thing that happens in the whole film. I can't even imagine how horrible the 2 hour version is.

Fucking ruined that for me now!!!

It doesn't really matter how old a film is, there's no need for really outright overt big spoilers. It's always avoidable by talking around the issue a bit or using spoiler tags where necessary. It's not a rule, but it is just courtesy.

When you guys are taling about what you have described in your own words as a really good film with an unexpected twist, wouldn't you want to not ruin that for someone who hasn't seen it but might be intrigued from your conversation?