DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

You said that all of Bautista's films are intended for VOD/DTV. Would that apply to Spectre and the Justice League films as well? Blade Runner 2049?

Even if you didn't mean that, many films are made with no decision made on their release platform during production, so how you could make that assumption is beyond me. He's got two Escape Plan sequels lined up and at this point it's unclear how they'll be released. The original was a cinema release but under-performed. The sequels do have Stallone in them but it's by no means cut and dry how they will be released.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You said that all of Bautista's films are intended for VOD/DTV. Would that apply to Spectre and the Justice League films as well? Blade Runner 2049?

Even if you didn't mean that, many films are made with no decision made on their release platform during production, so how you could make that assumption is beyond me. He's got two Escape Plan sequels lined up and at this point it's unclear how they'll be released. The original was a cinema release but under-performed. The sequels do have Stallone in them but it's by no means cut and dry how they will be released.

If your going to just nitpick he isn't in any Justice League films. Grow up Devon with your high and mighty and bullyish attitude, I reached out to you privately and you are still being a tit towards me.

Are you honestly telling me that a low budget production company, who specialize in straight to VOD releases are always attempting for a cinema release?

Ah this is entertaining for a Monday afternoon. Arguing over Dwayne and Dave...Between a Rock and a big cock...

Have I made up that Batista choke slams/Batista bombs someone in GotG? I've seen it and enjoyed it but it was a while ago. Maybe I'm getting confused with another film.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Nick Soapdish said:

If your going to just nitpick he isn't in any Justice League films. Grow up Devon with your high and mighty and bullyish attitude, I reached out to you privately and you are still being a tit towards me.

Are you honestly telling me that a low budget production company, who specialize in straight to VOD releases are always attempting for a cinema release?

So this is how this is going to work then, is it? We have a perfectly civil disagreement about something and you're going to decide to take it personally and do the old "Hey look, I PMed D-Mal to be nice and he's still being a meanie!" trick. Nah, I'm done.

Also, I meant Guardians of the Galaxy, they're all the same to me those things.

Don't reply to any more of my posts if your feelings are so easily upset.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

So this is how this is going to work then, is it? We have a perfectly civil disagreement about something and you're going to decide to take it personally and do the old "Hey look, I PMed D-Mal to be nice and he's still being a meanie!" trick. Nah, I'm done.

Also, I meant Guardians of the Galaxy, they're all the same to me those things.

Don't reply to any more of my posts if your feelings are so easily upset.

Your nit picking, there's no high ground with you, just the high horse upon which you sit

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Ah this is entertaining for a Monday afternoon. Arguing over Dwayne and Dave...Between a Rock and a big cock...

Have I made up that Batista choke slams/Batista bombs someone in GotG? I've seen it and enjoyed it but it was a while ago. Maybe I'm getting confused with another film.

He was teaching Chris Pratt how to do it to his now ex wife in a behind the scenes bit, but I'm sure he doesn't do it in either film

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Bitch.

Yeah I can see that, but genuinely wasn't. I was really struggling with understanding what he meant. In my defence, he's edited the post so I now get it

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

I've just checked Dave's IMDB page and apart from a few minor roles (literally four films) before he established himself in 2012, he hasn't had any straight-to-DVD releases. Of the two that went to VOD as well as limited release, one had Robert DeNiro in and the other was the Kickboxer sequel with JCVD so they're not exactly low budget tripe. LA Slasher sounds like it was dogshit but it still got a theatre release.

I don't understand why we're even having this argument to begin with.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I give up on you. You're on your own, you lunatic. 

I'm with Justice on this one. I've never got on with Blade Runner, but it's exactly the sort of film I should like. So I'm kinda interested in 2049 for that reason alone.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I'm with Justice on this one. I've never got on with Blade Runner, but it's exactly the sort of film I should like. So I'm kinda interested in 2049 for that reason alone.

As a visual spectical I am sure you'll love it. It's amazing. But I think you have to really appreciate you mise en scene or Mark Kermode to love it (and even then may struggle to). I enjoyed it but it's not the greatest sequel of all time and has been overrated 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

It looked like the Batista Bomb was teased in Spectre.  Big Dave doesn't have the raw numbers, but he's done a Bond, a Marvel franchise, and now a Blade Runner.  Rock's been in more than one of the worst films I've ever watched.

Don't you DARE mention Fast and Furious