Maxel had a streak in his hair. I pick up something different each time I watch. Also just seen maxel win his first match, and he waves to crowd as they chant his name. Wrestling needs more babies

As someone who didnt watch the actual episode, how much of that segment aired? I saw a shorter version first and it was not nearly as rewarding as when I checked out the director's cut, so it would be a shame if a lot of that build up didnt make TV

• Paid Members

All of the build up was on TV in shorter segments. The match was one long segment at the end, that's what the awful people uploaded onto Youtube. Feel terrible for anyone who missed the drones.

• Paid Members

They did an amazing job striking the right tone with this. If you're purposefully going for an over the top 'so bad it's good' thing, it can be utterly horrendous if you get it wrong, as anyone who's ever seen the second half of R Kelly's Trapped in the Closet can attest. And while it does closely resemble The Room, Tommy Wiseau thought he was making a masterpiece and accidentally made something funny as fuck (see also first half of Trapped in the Closet), whoever was the mastermind behind this I think was aiming for funny and hit every right note.

Edited by gmoney

Watching Raw now and thinking the Hardys battle actually has my interest more than what ive seen on Raw so far.

I'd say it caught my interest more than anything on Raw in years.

Is the full seg on YouTube. How long is it?

Yeah, search for the director's cut, it's also on this thread a couple pages back.

I can't really, and don't really think there's much point, comparing this to what WWE puts out. If wrestling was always presented this way it'd be pretty shit. This is like..it's own glorious entity. It stands alone and I can't compare it to anything else I've watched in wrestling, beside vague similarities in shooting/editing style to LU

ALSO (aha why is my brain functioning this early?) as great and entertaining as it was, in no way was I enthusiastically supporting Matt or Jeff - I was merely watching it unfold, so while it may stick in my memory longer there's nothing quite like being actually invested in a storyline along with a hot crowd (which despite all faults with the WWE product, they have managed to do time and time again - even just talking recently). Thats what wrestling is to me. This was just an amusing and wacky  anomaly that makes me respect Matt Hardy a shit-ton more.

I still definitely dont have any urge to see anything in an actual TNA ring in the dead-out Impact Zone in anything but a morbid 'this company aint far from death' way. Lets not get carried away

Hasn't TNA been near death since three weeks after it started? That's a lot of morbid viewing if that's why you watch

I don't think anyone wants to see three hours of this on raw every week. But TNA have taken an idea and made it must see. Too much of raw is in the ring or Stephs office. It's about it gripping you, good or bad. Just like Bossman cooking a dog kept you watching as much as Austin crushing a car out the back, or al snow doing stand up in an old folks home, it was different. it kept you wondering what could happen next. That's the part people want on wwe tv I believe. Not a raw where if you just seen the matches 99% of the time we could all Take a pretty good guess at what happens in them and how they finish

• Paid Members

This is the best vid as it has the build up from the episode to the match which is magical

Is the full seg on YouTube. How long is it?

Yeah, search for the director's cut, it's also on this thread a couple pages back.

Here it is 17 minutes

Edited by Nick Soapdish