Thing with Jeff, if he goes back to the E and has to work a full time schedule he could easily get hooked on pain pills and/or Crystal Meth again. The schedule would be much more heavier and he wouldn't be able to work certain international shows either like the UK ones for example because of the prescription drug trafficking thing he was busted for. Unless he works only TV tapings and PPVs and he's focused on keeping clean I think he potentially could have a run to be a top guy (if they bring in Matt too they could go on a Attitude Era nostalgia kick against the Dudleyz) but whether Hunter and/or Vince wants to give him the ball and hope he runs with it is a whole other question altogether. So Jeff going to the WWE is highly possible but I doubt whether he'd be positioned more than a nostalgia act with his brother, unless he shines in that role & proves he's committed to staying drug free then I think they'll position him higher up the card. Plus he could easily fit in the current mix and maybe help rejuvenate things a bit. Although WWE relying on the likes of the Hardyz, Dudleyz et al doesn't really send out the right message(s) to the upcoming NXT talent either former NXT or ones currently there. I think WWE calling up Enzo & Big Cass would be better option than relying on nostalgia acts, planning long term and making new real superstar level talent is a huge problem right now as once Cena's done I can't really see anyone coming through and stepping into his role as the #1 guy. So we'll probably see a situation where Cena's in the Hogan role where he's in his late 40's/early 50's and still kept around as the top guy because no one's come thru NXT or the indies who has the same mainstream level of appeal. 

Edited by Really Big Shoe

• Paid Members

Doubt he's working a full schedule. It'd be an RVD/Jericho deal if he comes back. And as far as his addictions, go he worked a pretty full schedule for TNA in 2012/13 just before the bottom fell out of the company and he was clean as a whistle by all accounts. On the flip side he was on meth and pills when he was working 3 dates a month in 2010. Schedule never seemed to be his problem. I think the birth of his kid has woke him up.

They dont need him on the road anyway. He's someone who would be good to come in every now and again. Seeing him all year wouldnt make him to special.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

the attendance for the house show on Thursday was really bad 

It was 4 times better than expected though.

• Paid Members

How was the attendance for the house show this week? ;-)

I haven't actually watched TNA in ages, but jesus that Impact TV photo. Is there any fucker there?!?

Jeff Hardy could be a genuine superstar in wrestling. Instead he's in TNA. Doing this. I don't care if it's funny. What a fucking waste of someone who could be special again.

I could never say this angle doesn't cut Jeff's nuts off, but I could also never say I give a shit about that or Jeff Hardy's career trajectory in 2015,

I'm just giving TNA a bit of props for making me laugh for the right reasons for like..the first time ever.

• Paid Members

Jeff Hardy could be a genuine superstar in wrestling. Instead he's in TNA. Doing this. I don't care if it's funny. What a fucking waste of someone who could be special again.

I could never say this angle doesn't cut Jeff's nuts off, but I could also never say I give a shit about that or Jeff Hardy's career trajectory in 2015,

I'm just giving TNA a bit of props for making me laugh for the right reasons for like..the first time ever.

It's TNA, so no-one's watching and nothing matters, but I do agree there is one last money run left with Jeff in WWE.

• 2 weeks later...

Might not be a bad idea in the long run, at least if the people enjoy the show they may buy tickets to other ones in the future, they will still make some money from PPV buys

Except for the fact that people who have enjoyed their shows in the past probably haven't bothered buying tickets to this show. So I doubt this will have a positive impact on future sales. If anything it would damage them, because by giving away free tickets they destroy their own worth. The chances of them starting to make money from the PPV model now is pretty slim, I didn't even know this show was tonight.

The only positive is that they will look a bit less shit if the room isn't entirely empty. However that is going to be as much help to them at this stage as putting a plaster on a broken arm and hoping for the best.

• Paid Members

I've heard they are giving FREE tickets away for tonight's show

You say this as though a wrestling promoters never done that before. I don't blame TNA if they've not sold the venue out. It's a PPV. It's better to have a full (as possible) venue than not.

I really shouldn't give a shit but I'll vom if Galloway beats EC3 tonight. Nothing against Galloway but the #STANDUP shit TNA have him doing is so corny and overbearing. It's just him repeating "PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING" over again til 10 people in the crowd go 'hey, I watch that stuff!'

Spud's the only really good face they've got, his passion is just infectious. He really should've been on the card

Edited by sj5522