Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Picking up on the faults of wrestling is a no win situation. Wrestling doesn't have much logic and has many scenarios where you'll question why on earth did something happen. Take it with a pinch of salt. Picking at it and letting it impact your viewing is not needed (especially when it is one of the better matches of recent months for a bleak time in wrestling).

 

It was a decent match and exceptionally good for a televised weekly show match. You just come across as a picky bastard.

 

Maybe I'm biased. I enjoyed the match. I thought it was quality.

Posted (edited)

But isn't that the kind of match you want people to pay to see on something like, say, a Pay Per View rather than having a series of these big matches on TV for free.

And this isn't exactly something new to them either, they've been doing it for years and is one of the reasons that haven't got matches at the PPVs that people would actually pay for because anything worth paying for has been given away for free on TV. Best example would have been when RVD won the title from AJ Styles with a hours worth of build up. At that time, an AJ Styles v RVD match was probably considered a dream match to many fans, especially TNA fans. And then it just happened, for no rhyme or reason and everything was free, no one paid to get in to see it and it was on free TV. The world title has probably changed hands for free on TV as many time as it has on PPV.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted

They're trying to sell a TV show to a new network or they're going to go out of buisness. The actual future of the company depends on it. So yeah, now of all times isn't the time to be making that argument.

Posted

Picking up on the faults of wrestling is a no win situation. Wrestling doesn't have much logic and has many scenarios where you'll question why on earth did something happen. Take it with a pinch of salt. Picking at it and letting it impact your viewing is not needed (especially when it is one of the better matches of recent months for a bleak time in wrestling).

 

It was a decent match and exceptionally good for a televised weekly show match. You just come across as a picky bastard.

 

Maybe I'm biased. I enjoyed the match. I thought it was quality.

Now that's what I call a shit post.

 

So your general thought process is that nothing in wrestling makes sense so we should just be happy with whatever we are given?

 

They had four experienced vets in there, the match should have been perfectly logical in wrestling terms. There was just loads of laziness on display, considering the spots they put their bodies through the least you could ask for is it all to be done in a way that is logical. Not stuff like Jeff knowingly sacrificing the match at the end by positioning himself to splash Bully. His goal should have been to get off the ladder to stop the other team getting the belt. Instead his first reaction when the ladder was about to be pushed over, was to do another big spot. He clearly moves around to do the bloody move

 

If by good you mean a load of people doing dangerous things for no reason, then yes it was very good. I don't think anyone will be putting that match on their top 20 TLC matches though.

Dunno why you are being so butt hurt over it

Posted
They had four experienced vets in there, the match should have been perfectly logical in wrestling terms. There was just loads of laziness on display, considering the spots they put their bodies through the least you could ask for is it all to be done in a way that is logical. Not stuff like Jeff knowingly sacrificing the match at the end by positioning himself to splash Bully. His goal should have been to get off the ladder to stop the other team getting the belt. Instead his first reaction when the ladder was about to be pushed over, was to do another big spot. He clearly moves around to do the bloody move

 

Jeff's always been like that though. It was pretty much the basis of the Matt vs. Jeff 2001 feud, with Matt being mad about Jeff wanting to steal the show and be a highlight reel rather than win matches for the team.

 

It's not very logical for wrestlers that use reasoning, but Jeff's always been a daredevil, living in the moment and generally being mental.

Posted

Okay I'll let it slide with Jeff because he is supposed to be stupid, but everyone else should attempt to act like a real person would. I remember seeing loads of examples throughout the match, but it hasn't left enough of an effect on me to remember it

  • Paid Members
Posted

I caught the TLC match, the first I've bothered with TNA in months. Really enjoyed it, actually.

 

It's not the type of thing that you would want to watch every week/month, but as a one-off special once a year or so a crazy stunt match like that can work really well as a spectacle.

Posted

Watching BFG, I'm enjoying it as a stand alone event. This should have been the model for the One Night Only events. It's a letdown for TNA's biggest event if the year

  • Paid Members
Posted

Eh? Sky OnDemand, are you sure? I just checked it on the app and couldn't find it. I'll definitely give this a watch on the train if it is.

Posted

Eh? Sky OnDemand, are you sure? I just checked it on the app and couldn't find it. I'll definitely give this a watch on the train if it is.

 

Just had a look and it's definitely there under TNA Presents: Bound for Glory

  • Paid Members
Posted

Eh? Sky OnDemand, are you sure? I just checked it on the app and couldn't find it. I'll definitely give this a watch on the train if it is.

It's not on the 'Sky Go' mobile app - none of the Challenge stuff is. It's definitely in the On Demand section of your actual Sky box, though. All the TNA PPVs from the last year or so are there (including the One Night Onlys).
  • Paid Members
Posted

Ah ok, cheers gents. An extra fiver a month for the Sky Go Extra app and they don't even put all of the content on there. Bastards.

  • Paid Members
Posted

They put Impact up on the Spike website every week too for anyone who has UnblockUS/Hola etc.

http://www.spike.com/shows/impact-wrestling/episode-guide

This week's ep is already up, although week to week they can be inconsistent with how quickly they upload each episode. The "Season" numbering is kind of weird, apparently we're in the midst of Season 10 right now.

Posted

would make sense if we go

 

All pre spike episodes S1

2005-2006 - S2

2006 - 2007 S3

2007 - 2008 -S4

2009 -2010 - S5

2010 - 2011 - S6

2011 -2012 - S7

2012 - 2013 - S8

2013 - 2014 - S9

Approx sep 2014 - now S 10

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...