• Paid Members

It is, well worth checking out.

Yeah, keep hearing about it so was planning to. It’ll be the first episode of Impact I’ve seen in months.

So what’s happening with Impact after this week/Bound For Glory? How far in advance have they taped, and at what point do they run out of taped episodes?

Tapings go up to November 19th, then there will be recap shows to basically talk about events over the past year (maybe a lot of EC3 on that show, he's their next top guy it looks like, he's not lost a match since he debuted last year), like a winter break, then there is a rumoured Live Impact (I stress, rumoured) on January 7th from NYC then the UK Tour. Anything could be announced between now and then, the deal is probably on a smaller network (WGN America/Velocity are two of the four interested parties), should they not get a TV deal then they could just keep filming for international markets since they've just signed multi year deals in various countries across the world. Speculation is being reported as fact by many, PWInsider/Meltzer/Keller, but it all honesty nobody really knows anything other than TNA themselves. Ultimately it is up to The Carters if they pull the plug and how much money they're prepared to put in, they own it.

Edited by Psygnosis

Decent crowd? That's Broxbourne Civic Hall attendance levels, possibly less. And this is the biggest event of the year for the supposed #2 company in the western world.

It's their biggest crowd for a show since June so yeah it is a decent crowd (for TNA in its current state, and for a TNA show in Japan).

Edited by pgi86

Decent crowd? That's Broxbourne Civic Hall attendance levels, possibly less. And this is the biggest event of the year for the supposed #2 company in the western world.

It's their biggest crowd for a show since June so yeah it is a decent crowd (for TNA in its current state, and for a TNA show in Japan). The photos might not fully show it but the crowd looks to be in the 1,500-2,000 neighbourhood (2,000 being the arena capacity).

That certainly isn't a sell out because of the way they have configured the seating. Where the stage area has been set up is usually another bank of bleachers, like how NJPW have it set-up below for their small shows.

YaPMytA.jpg

Edited by Rossman

^ Yeah. Eventually noticed the different set-up myself too (and immediately removed that last sentence from my original post). Anyway, it's definitely not 2,000, but it's still likely around 1,500, which for better or for worse is their best crowd since Slammiversary, I believe.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

Looks a very good crowd and a lot better than All Japan and some NOAH attendances recently, EC3 went down very well in Japan, unusually loud crowd for a Japanese audience too, Havok went down very well too the Japanese love a monster/godzilla like gimmick, but Velvet Sky was bad I imagine she's off to whatever Jarrett's doing with Bully.

Edited by Psygnosis

Saw the TV show tonight for the first time in ages. EC3 and Spud had a very good segment, evoking memories of Ted and Virgil, which is very much the compliment. Both guys deserve to be on TV long into the future, they bring stacks to the table and there's loads of avenues you could go still with each of them. The closing stunts and bumps match with the Hardys/Wolves/3D was very entertaining; all six guys worked really hard. Actually, tonight reminded me of the high calibre of talent still on board. It's not their fault the creative, identity and direction of the company has been so inconsistent for so long.

Edited by AshC

Watching a bit of Bound For Glory now.

no spoilers but it's embarrasing. Such a small arena. The 3D hall of fame induction really was cringe worthy, seeing dreamer get emotional in front of like 20 people in that room.

Unbelievable that the Dudleyz and Angle have been in tna longer than they were WWE, get them home so they sign off their careers respectively.

This company is dead and its embarrasing for everyone involved watching them try and make it seem a big deal in front of about 10 people that care

• Paid Members

Well apparently Spud is gone from TNA (at least he's not on the roster page anyway).

Just when his role was getting interesting too.

I get the feeling that maybe a work ;)

Watching a bit of Bound For Glory now.

no spoilers but it's embarrasing. Such a small arena. The 3D hall of fame induction really was cringe worthy, seeing dreamer get emotional in front of like 20 people in that room.

Unbelievable that the Dudleyz and Angle have been in tna longer than they were WWE, get them home so they sign off their careers respectively. 

This company is dead and its embarrasing for everyone involved watching them try and make it seem a big deal in front of about 10 people that care 

Its Korakuen Hall and there was 1,500 there and they sold out their allocation which is a lot better than some NOAH and All Japan attendances recently, it was a private dinner because Team 3D were leaving, TNA have been moving on the established/overexposed talents on throughout the course of the year, 'period of transition' you could say.

Edited by Psygnosis