He'd probably be able to earn more on the indies than what WWE was willing to pay him. And he's 36, so I imagine he'll either pop up in Jarrett's group, show up in New Japan or end up back in TNA when his money drops on the indy scene and he has to show back up like Odemwingie

Is a move to WWE (if they want him) not pretty much risk-free though? He looks to have earned enough to pay off that big house from the emo-AJ vignettes so he's probably sorted financially regardless, then if his WWE attempt collapses, the indies will still trip up to get him, as would whatever the fuck TNA exists as by then. Hasn't Chris Hero been waving promoters off with a shitty stick since his release? AJ Styles is a way bigger name than him, failed WWE run or not. He's got to have that drive in him to give it a go, surely?

• Paid Members

He's 36 now and he'd probably have to take a massive pay cut to go to NXT. In WWE you dont make money unless you have selling stuff on WWE.com and are on the PPVs and house shows. He's charging $5,000 a shot on the indies and he gets to sell his t-shirts. He's doing alright for now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Oh yeah, I understand the financial side of it, it puts me in mind of when Raven jacked in Sunday Night Heat for the indies back in 03. I more meant if he had it in him to try and become a bonefide WWE Superstar, (whatever that represents in the modern game) instead of just TNA stalwart flippy man. I always find it hard to believe everybody in today's crop don't see that as their final destination, especially if he's financially in a decent position to take a run at it.

• Paid Members

Yeah, you'd think it's now or never for AJ with regard WWE. It must be entering his mind, as good as his earning could be on the indies alone, there's the potential for him to make even better with WWE even if he's only there for 4 or 5 years or something and with his level of talent, set him up for life and as NEWM says, even if it's less than that it would probably increase his earning potential on the indies post WWE even if he only has a very short run. He's in a position where if he's not getting the push he wants he can leave and still earn alright. Given his age both parties might only be interested in a shortish term contract. He's good, WWE must have kept tabs on this you'd think, especially with the kind of talent they have signed from the indies over the last five years. There's a definite gap for him in WWEs mid-card too. The Sin Cara experiment has failed, Rey is knackered, John Morrison isn't around and hasn't been for a while. There's definite potential for him to get over with WWEs audience, with the WWE marketing machine behind him in a short space of time. I see very little to lose really, the time is now.

I wish Bobby Roode had made the jump when his contract ran out and slipped through. The time was then for him. Things could have been so different, if he'd have got signed, got the Curtis Axel push and flourished, things might be very different.

AJ has indie dates at least through to PCW on March 1st. Not sure how many others there are between then and now though.

AJ Styles' current indy schedule as advertised on his website:

Anarchy Wrestling

December 28

Cornelia, GA

Ring of Honor Wrestling

January 4

Nashville, TN

AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong

Magnum Pro Wrestling

January 18

Cedar Falls, IA

AJ vs. Jayusin Strife

Premier Wresting Xperience

January 19

Winston-Salem, NC

AJ Styles vs. Cedric Alexander

SMASH Wrestling

January 26

Toronto, Canada

AJ Styles vs. Chris Hero

DREAMWAVE Wrestling

February 1

LaSalle, IL

Dreamwave Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Christian Rose

Edited by pgi86

AJ has indie dates at least through to PCW on March 1st. Not sure how many others there are between then and now though.

AJ Styles' current indy schedule as advertised on his website:

Anarchy Wrestling

December 28

Cornelia, GA

Ring of Honor Wrestling

January 4

Nashville, TN

AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong

Premier Wresting Xperience

January 19

Winston-Salem, NC

AJ Styles vs. Cedric Alexander

SMASH Wrestling

January 26

Toronto, Canada

AJ Styles vs. Chris Hero

DREAMWAVE Wrestling

February 1

LaSalle, IL

Dreamwave Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Christian Rose

What's the craic with Jeff Hardy, then. I've not been keeping up with spoilers and at the end of Impact, he 'left' TNA, after losing with Sting to E3 or whatever they're called.

Is he done too?

It's UK tour time so Hardy needs written off TV to cover for his inability to enter the country for the tapings.

• Paid Members
If he went would he even make the main roster? Or would they hero him? You can never tell with wwe

Hero/Ohno got released because he continued to look like a condom filled with porridge and refused to do anything about it. AJ, barring a few wobbles, is usually in decent shape.

If he went would he even make the main roster? Or would they hero him? You can never tell with wwe

Hero/Ohno got released because he continued to look like a condom filled with porridge and refused to do anything about it. AJ, barring a few wobbles, is usually in decent shape.

That said, Styles has a massive tattoo displaying the name of someone else on the roster. The only thing that coukd save him is shoving him in MVPs old outfit (and that probably wont help in the long run)

I really need to see Styles & Red vs. Young Bucks though. Some promoter just needs to run Styles vs Red again. Take it back to 2003.