• Paid Members

Meltzer reckons Jarrett is going to start up a new promotion now he's gone from TNA. One thing that separates Jeff from the likes of Tommy Dreamer and Shane Douglas and all these other wrestlers turned promoters out there is that Jarrett knows so many money marks and has his fingers in every pie imaginable both internationally and in the south of the America. He got in bed with Endemol for Ring Ka King and Toby Keith was willing to put some coin in to buy TNA for him. I mentioned this months ago, but he's worked in the UK, Japan, Mexico and Indy in the last few years. He should have a well rounded idea of if there is an opening in the market.

There's a lot of talent available right now if you want to start up. AJ Styles is a good name to have if you are a new group. Prince Devitt is someone who'd fit the bill if you were just running taped shows and he could still work for New Japan. John Morrison, Carlito and Chris Masters could do a job for them. Luke Gallows is awesome, so bring him in. Chris Hero's someone who might thrive in that environment. Alex Shelley is someone I'd snap up. There's plenty of wrestlers from AAA and New Japan you could use. Then you have the people in TNA who'd be looking to leave when their contracts are due and TNA tries to fuck them. Maybe Jeff's plan is instead of buying them, establish a group and when TNA comes up for renewal with Spike in 2014 try and take their time slot. It might be worth keeping an eye on Jarrett in the next month or 2.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Exactly my thinking. The want to be seen as general entertainment for the South on CMT like a Redneck VIVA as I understand it these days, and some Rasslin' would be the perfect fit.

Edited by PowerButchi

PWInsider reports that negotiations between AJ Styles and TNA have fallen apart and the chances are very slim that he will be returning to the company anytime soon.

Ring of Honor announced today that Styles will be returning to their company on January 4th in Nashville, Tennessee

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Negoti...utAaK0MeXdOX.99

I'm massively out the loop and I'm certainly not using 411 or whatever to find out, so please help - Is AJ Styles gone or not? As in, is he actually gone but we can all expect him back by Lockdown, or is he the type of gone where he might have the WWE keeping an eye in the next few months? Or is it all somewhere in the middle? I noticed he was promoted for ROH but I wasn't sure if that was still tied into the angle he had going on. He's lost the belt to Magnus proper now as well, hasn't he? It's not disputed is it? Cheers.

• Paid Members
I'm massively out the loop and I'm certainly not using 411 or whatever to find out, so please help - Is AJ Styles gone or not? As in, is he actually gone but we can all expect him back by Lockdown, or is he the type of gone where he might have the WWE keeping an eye in the next few months? Or is it all somewhere in the middle? I noticed he was promoted for ROH but I wasn't sure if that was still tied into the angle he had going on. He's lost the belt to Magnus proper now as well, hasn't he? It's not disputed is it? Cheers.

Its confusing, so I'll use trusty take away symbols to bullet point it all together.

-His contract came up in October, they couldn't afford to up his wages so he agreed to sign a short term deal.

-During that time they gave him the belt to see if he was a mark and that would make him re-sign.

-His contract came up a fortnight ago and they filmed a bunch of stuff with him (so if he pops up next week on Impact, it was all filmed weeks ago).

-Now in the last week everything seemed to be going smoothly, his agent came out and said to some promoters "best get him while you can lads". Observer and PWInsider said he was due back in Glasgow for the tapings in front of real people.

-NOW talks have totally broke off between TNA and AJ Styles and nobody knows why and he's signed to work matches for Ring of Honor (who TNA has banned their wrestlers from working because they have TV). For talks to completely break down, it seems like he isn't due back anytime in the near future.

And Jeff Jarrett has just quit and Jarretts boys (lead by James Storm) aren't happy with Jeff not being there anymore. And they are even less happy that they didn't re-sign AJ Styles (which means the money isn't there and they are all fucked when their contracts are due). Seems like something is going on that none of us know about within TNA. Toby Keith tried to buy them, Jeff Jarrett suddenly quit and days later AJ Styles doesn't want to return anymore. All seems like there's a bigger story to it.

How long has James Storm been flabby and out of shape, Kassius Ohno style?

For a while now. When he was over, it suited him. You can get away with much more when you are over. He had that flaggy, everyman about him (like Sandman). Now he's just Gunner's fat mate. Shame really.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Cheers for that Ian. So really then, if there's ever a time for him to swallow his pride and kiss his kids goodbye for a few years chasing WWE money, now would appear to be the time wouldn't it? Get him down NXT to sharpen a few edges and get used to the rings, he could be bled into the product post-Mania if he shuts up and gets on with it. Especially if TNA experiences more turmoil, or ultimately closure, it would be good for him to be off the ship before the rest of the rats like Big Show and Jericho did with WCW.