• Paid Members
TNA ran a bit short on Challenge last night. Does anyone know if there was anything in particular cut out? From what I could see, the Maximum Impact Promos were gone

Challenge have issued a statement saying that the opening had been cut due to human error, but it will be back on the repeat.

I think TNA will move heaven and earth to re-sign Hogan but I do think Hogan would do better signing with WWE especially with WM30 round the corner.

Surely he'll be offered a mega WWE legends contract or something giving him his $1m per annum salary he wants (does he want more?) and he can pop up at major ppvs, Raws, do some promo work for WWE, video games, dvds etc keeping him in the spotlight he so desperatley craves.

I agree with Air Raid that I would rather see the talents in WWE at this stage. I'm completely apathetic towards TNA and have been for five years or so as it's rehashed stories, convoluted stories or they've tried different avenues with little to no success. I can't root for it when it loses so often.

• Paid Members

If TNA are doing a reboot and signing cheaper talents, I really would like to see them sign Adam Pearce and force him to ditch his indy shite gear in favour of his old Jerry Lawler-style one-shoulder again.

He's not going to set the world alight, but he's bloody entertaining, is great on the stick and he knows how to work solid matches. He can't possibly cost that much.

• Paid Members
I think TNA will move heaven and earth to re-sign Hogan but I do think Hogan would do better signing with WWE especially with WM30 round the corner.

Surely he'll be offered a mega WWE legends contract or something giving him his $1m per annum salary he wants (does he want more?) and he can pop up at major ppvs, Raws, do some promo work for WWE, video games, dvds etc keeping him in the spotlight he so desperatley craves.

With Hogan I agree. I loved being able to meet him at the fan interaction last year and was nice having him on my telly every week, but TNA simply can't afford him in his current role. Any benefits he managed to bring the company have surely worn off by now, and it doesn't seem he'll even sign for the same terms let alone reduced ones.

If he managed to wrestle a few times a year and sell a few PPV's maybe so but he really is better off in WWE given the potential for DVD's and the vast video library they have.

• Paid Members

Given his profile, surely Hogan could have his cake and eat it? By which I mean he can negotiate with TNA to still be with them regularly, while all the time arranging for a one-off appearance at WMXXX, which he really should be at. From what I gather, TNA and WWE aren't exactly hostile towards each other, and TNA clearly need Hogan more than he needs them.

• Paid Members

Meltzer was saying that he's probably signing with TNA, as they've offered him a better deal (although nothing is signed). Interestingly (maybe not surprisingly), Meltzer was saying the deal WWE offered is quite a lot less than what they are paying the likes of Lesnar and The Rock. Of course, WWE could raise their offer, but right now it seems they don't want to pay Hogan anywhere near the money of a part-time 'Mania main eventer and certainly not enough for him to consider leaving his cosy TNA gig.

As somebody rightly stated (I think it was Loki or Ian), Hogan in WWE always seems to abruptly end with both parties saying they will never do business with each other. With that in mind, staying with TNA was always the smart move. Hogan knows that in TNA he'll get treated like a demigod. In TNA Hogan is the only shark in the tank.

Just a shame we won't see the master working a proper crowd for a while yet.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of The Rock and Brock Lesnar have special contract terms - just like the Wild West that was WCW in the mid 90's - where they get more money if someone comes in on a higher money deal than them. It follows that opening the big wallet for Hogan would have other consequences, and all for what could be a 6 month relationship that will invariably go sour. Maybe it's the time where Vince really is nipping the bud with Hogan. If TNA stays around Hogan's fine; once it's gone he'll be in trouble until the next money mark turns up.

• Paid Members
Lesnar and Rock can actually work matches in addition to their name value. Surely Hogan's not that much of an egotist to not see the logic in that?

Depends what they want to do with the bloke. Hogan's willing to wrestle for the right price, but he's not sticking on his Air Jordans for what WWE are offering, even if the gig is that of a GM-type.

• Paid Members

They should pay him it. None of these Chippendale looking homosexuals would be making a penny off this fake shit if it wasn't for Hogan. There would have been no WrestleMania 30 without him. The amount of times he's been diddled on PPV pay offs should add up to what he deserves to get paid. Lesnar's not lived up to expectations. You put him on a PPV and the numbers drop if he's wrestling someone who isn't a star. And the Rock is roided up to the point where he's a deck of cards who cant walk without pulling a hamstring. I say fuck them all off. Get the big boys back on the roster. A man with real facial hair, not some scraggy lumberjack shit. And someone with enough arse to get his gimmick name tattooed across his back. He should be at WrestleMania. He should be at Bound For Glory as well. Ideally, Hogan does the TNA UK tour in March, pops in WrestleMania to get his win back against Brock and becomes GM of both Impact and Raw.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay