• Paid Members

Why do people keep saying "I dont want to see the company built around him" and words to that effect? He hasn't been on top in about 8 years. And standards have fallen greatly in that time anyway. Nobody is saying Jarrett should be all over TV and carrying the belt.

I'm of the opinion you need your head shaking if you think Jarrett is anything less than a really good worker. Its plain as day his fundamentals are as good as anyones and his ability to pace his matches is top class. Its why people have good matches with him. He had a good non-gimmick match with Mick Foley. Probably the only person to have one in the last 14 years. The reason his matches were shit in WCW and mid-2000s in TNA was because the bookers and himself thought that ECW style of 700 run ins and weapon shots was appealing to fans. It wasn't. Once he realised it and got back to the old Jeff Jarrett he was awesome again.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Jeff morphed, quite late, into one of those guys who just "gets" it. He started working the crowd more than his opponent. The last few active years in TNA, he was a brilliant heel and a great face.

• Paid Members

I wonder if Jeff will be still around if/when TNA gets bought out? It'll really interesting to see what happens in the next few months. Its going to be interesting in general to see what TNA would be like if a new owner and president comes in. Will Borash be still around? How about Tenay? The best thing for everyone would be Viacom taking it over. If they own it, they will be forced to have to justify buying it by pumping money into it and trying to make it work. TNA are fucked with the current regime. This needs an injection. And you'd like to think with a major corporation owning it, the days of the wrestlers being treated like shit would be over.

I wonder what they would call it? If they put Bischoff in charge you think the first thing gone would be the name. He's always been one for fresh starts.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Hulk Hogan's Championship Wrestling. Put his fucking name on it. Like with Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling. Dennis Rodman as the new champ. Screech as number one contender.

In all seriousness though, if he had Hulk on a decent contract, he should do that. Hogan's name lights up the EPG.

If someone does buy out TNA, I think the best bet to take it forward would be a pretty big format change. Make it a wrestling-themed reality show fronted by Hogan. You could sack all but about ten of the roster -- say AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Roode, Aries, Kazarian, Daniels, Storm, Gunner, Eric Young. A reality show normally takes the form of a competition, though, so the winner could get a WWE developmental contract or something.

Why do people keep saying "I dont want to see the company built around him" and words to that effect? He hasn't been on top in about 8 years. And standards have fallen greatly in that time anyway. Nobody is saying Jarrett should be all over TV and carrying the belt.

Yeah I said I prefer him in a supporting role, which is what he has been used as more recently as opposed to the top guy spot. When he was in the lead role he seemed like he didn't belong, but makes anything else he is involved with seem big time. Kinda like Jericho.

And Butch all that list proved was that he wasn't the drizzling shits, not that he was anything special for most of his career

• Paid Members
I hope I'm wrong, I reall do, but at this point the biggest question for TNA's future seems to be does Vince McMahon want to produce a "Wasn't TNA Shit?" Blu Ray more than Viacom want to fund a touring wrestling promotion?

Has it really come to that? Is the sell off 100% going to happen now?

• Paid Members

Don't think the Viacom deal is more than rumour at the moment.

Only think that concerns me is that Panda are hardly skint, and are sacking half the roster. Why would Viacom want to spend so much money on a company that's obviously losing money? Mind you, it would probably mean the end of Dixie Carter.

• Paid Members
Don't think the Viacom deal is more than rumour at the moment.

Only think that concerns me is that Panda are hardly skint, and are sacking half the roster. Why would Viacom want to spend so much money on a company that's obviously losing money? Mind you, it would probably mean the end of Dixie Carter.

The company is only losing money because they went on the road, before that they were turning in a small profit. Viacom could do what WCW did, before things took off, and pull them out of the touring live event market and stick them in a TV studio - like they had with the Impact Zone.

I hope I'm wrong, I reall do, but at this point the biggest question for TNA's future seems to be does Vince McMahon want to produce a "Wasn't TNA Shit?" Blu Ray more than Viacom want to fund a touring wrestling promotion?

Don't think either would sell well.

Eh, my sarcasm aside, I think Vince would probably make a move on TNA if Panda did decide to get rid. Ten years worth of video archive, no matter how mediocre, is still a commodity for a bloke wanting to run a 24 hour wrestling network. He's got AWA, Smokey Mountain, and I think they've even got a deal on WOS stuff too. No reason why they can't snap up to TNA too.

They could do another Flair, Foley or Hogan DVD, and pad out disc 3 with their TNA stuff. Kurt Angle and Sting would also get a difninitve collection.

Plus they've got another ring they can use in their development centre ;)

On the other hand, are TNA's ratings constant on Spike? If so, Viacom might want to take a punt and keep the show around. Alternatively, they let the TNA brand go, and Hogan and Bisch start a promotion from scratch in the timeslot.

Or it could be six more months of business as usual.