The stigma is that wrestlers are mistreated if they come from TNA. Not a case of wrestlers just being mistreated, but mistreated for one reason in particular. If AJ fucking Styles was mistreated then that would solidify that stigma as fact. As it stands we have The knowledge that Chris Harris was actually just a bit shit and James Storm made him seem a big deal. Right now it's debatable, fucking AJ around would take out all doubt.

If someone like Bobby Roode refused to sign for WWE because they 'mistreated' AJ by giving him Christians position on the card, then he's as bonkers as GayTats.

This conversation has taken turns that I wouldn't have predicted, to be honest.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

You have both missed my point entirely, obviously you aren't paying attention. I never once said they should give him the title, I even said myself that a Christian level status would be perfect. But if they treat Mr TNA like an average Indy bloke then that would deter any other top TNA talent even more than they already might be. Styles should not spend a long spell in development, or have to crawl in on his hands and knees.

I said, first, that he could aspire to Christians position on the card. I also said he could be fast tracked through developmental. Basically, you've got the arse because I suggested he should be grateful to WWE for taking him on, as opposed to them bending over for him?

No one said anything about treating him like an Indy scrub.

I said he could have a mid card level role, with occasional steps up, like Christian. Then you brought up Bobby Roode and how upset he'd be by the whole situation.

But, lets face it, it's gotta to be better than working a Z-list celebrity midget.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
In search of another, less cyclical, discussion; when is Magnus likely to ditch the sinking ship? Soon, surely?

I'd love to see him in WWE, but TNA are maneuvering him into place to become one of their top guys in the near future, so he'll probably still be on board when it goes under.

In search of another, less cyclical, discussion; when is Magnus likely to ditch the sinking ship? Soon, surely?

The dude just signed a new 2-year deal with increased pay and is enjoying the biggest spotlight of his TNA career so far. He ain't going anywhere any time soon.

He's still dead young, is the short term lure of the TNA spotlight more important then a long term, legitimate shot at success in the only wrestling company left that's worth a shit?

I have to question his decision to sign an extension, unless he had contact with WWE where they said 'not right now, maybe in two years'.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The dude just signed a new 2-year deal with increased pay and is enjoying the biggest spotlight of his TNA career so far. He ain't going anywhere any time soon.

Is he guaranteed to get his money this month, though?

Is he guaranteed to get his money this month, though?

Are things really that bad?

Maxwell's apparent perception that WWE would give AJ Styles the WWE title just to impress Bobby Roode is so cute.

I'm a massive Roode fan, but HHH said this recently about his new performance centre:

"Right now, probably 85 to 90 percent of our roster came through our system in some way," Hunter said. "Five years from now, 100 percent of our roster will have come through there... First of all you have to find the right people, the right athletes. Sometimes for guys who have been in the indies for five or six years, it's harder to break them of bad habits than it is to start them fresh.""

Now, never say never, but I don't think Hunter is as interested in guys like Roode/Magnus/Styles as we think he should be. If anything, he seems to see their TNA experience as a detriment, not a bonus.

If Roode wanted to give WWE a pop, he'd probably have to do it on their terms, not his, and that would mean spending some time in their development program, being assessed. If he's as good as we think he is, he wouldn't spend too long in there.