I saw a bit of that japanese show whilst flicking the channels tonight, and damn, it looked pitiful in such a tiny venue. It even made AAAs similar jaunt to Japan for Triplemania back in 2000 seem positively big-time.

But even at that, there was still one side with banked seating and a few hundred folks in it. So the camera and production folks at least had that side to focus on and try to at least create some sense of a decent, vibrant crowd. Or so you'd have thought anyway. Most of the time, they were happy to direct their shots towards walls and the barren entranceway, which only helped to emphasize the sparseness and bush-league feel of it all.

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members

Well apparently Spud is gone from TNA (at least he's not on the roster page anyway).

Just when his role was getting interesting too.

9W851vo.png

It's just a really good angle. Their segments on the last two Impacts have been really brilliant, actually. They're both superb in their roles, EC3 was also a lot of fun at Bound For Glory in his match with Hama too. Impact's been quite enjoyable the last few weeks, although I remember similarly being a big fan of the last few weeks of Johnny Ace's WCW. Maybe I'm just a sucker for dying promotions.

Watching a bit of Bound For Glory now.

no spoilers but it's embarrasing. Such a small arena. The 3D hall of fame induction really was cringe worthy, seeing dreamer get emotional in front of like 20 people in that room.

There's been Impact the last few weeks in front of 300 people you could have used instead to make your point, It's Korakuen Hall mate. I thought they did surprisingly well, considering they're apparently on a channel nobody watches over there and they ended up selling out with a crowd that were clearly there to see TNA and were fans of the product.

I do agree with you on their Hall Of Fame but that's not new, it's been really small time ever since they started doing it.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

TNA are absolutely fucked. They have been for about 18 months now. Even if they get a TV deal, what's the point? So they can lose more money on people showing up in their hundreds? Its on its arse. At least Psygnosis is still left.

As far as the Spud thing goes, who knows what is an angle and what isn't? They dont run another show until next year. They could all be gone by then. AJ Styles, Sting and all those others who did loser leaves deals were supposed to be back as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

TNA are absolutely fucked. They have been for about 18 months now. Even if they get a TV deal, what's the point? So they can lose more money on people showing up in their hundreds? Its on its arse. At least Psygnosis is still left..

And you, Ian, considering how often you post in this thread ;)

Watching Bound for Glory on Challenge now. The wrestling has been good, and the TNA v Wrestle-1 theme is something different. However, it certainly feels more like a one-off special of Impact or 'One Night Only' ppv, as opposed to TNA's 'Wrestlemania'. Will be interesting to see where TNA goes next- apparently their tv announcement will be coming over the next few weeks.

• Paid Members

TNA are absolutely fucked. They have been for about 18 months now. Even if they get a TV deal, what's the point? So they can lose more money on people showing up in their hundreds? Its on its arse. At least Psygnosis is still left.

As far as the Spud thing goes, who knows what is an angle and what isn't? They dont run another show until next year. They could all be gone by then. AJ Styles, Sting and all those others who did loser leaves deals were supposed to be back as well.

Oh stop it, why do you post in the thread then? personally I feel the shows have been good and very consistent the past few months, the EC3/Spud angle is one of the best things going right now for them, along with the tag title series and the development of Bram and Magnus, AJ and Sting were not meant to be back, AJ was pissed at TNA's lowball offer and left, and they told Sting they weren't going to renew. The first half of BFG was good, didn't really care for the second half, but you could tell TNA didn't really want this show to happen (I believe it was Jeff Jarrett who negotiated it before he left 12 months ago) and that it was just fulfilling an obligation.

According to interviews with Gail, EC3, Taryn, Bram and Kurt Angle, I've read over the past few weeks something will be announced very soon, I've bashed TNA many times but they should just carry on with what they're doing now with bringing in good indy talent from around the world and concentrating on their own product.

Edited by Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Considering where he was 6 months ago, Magnus is an utter non-entity on the shows right now. He's definitely not an example of the things they're doing right. And yeah, while I agree with your they've had some some enjoyable shows recently thanks to some good work from the talent, they are clearly fucked in almost every other conceivable way.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

After 9 years and they finally dont renew Sting. Says they are on their back to me. That and the whole "no dates left on the calander" and the lack of TV deal and all that. Add it all up and they are pretty much dead. If you have 200 people showing up to your shows, that tells you all you need to know. I have no idea why they are continuing on. What are the Carters getting out of it? Serge must be fucking bald by now. All this fart on just to get Bobby Roode vs MVP main events in front of people dressed as chairs. At least when Hogan and Sting were around, you could go out on the boat with them and talk admire Jimmy Hart's funny jackets in the Florida sun.

• Paid Members
Magnus is an utter non-entity on the shows right now.

Mickie was due give birth at anytime, that and that maybe Bram has outshone him.

After 9 years and they finally dont renew Sting. Says they are on their back to me.

Or he's 54/55 years old.

If you have 200 people showing up to your shows, that tells you all you need to know.

The crowds got bigger as the weeks tapings went on to the point it was SRO, certainly for the FMM match. Normally I'd agree but they've been signing new international deals (just last week in Malaysia and Singapore and India) and signed a 5 year deal here in February which tells me something is in the works and they'll be fine.

Edited by Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Or he's 54/55 years old.

Hogan was like 57 and Flair was about 60 when TNA signed them. Since when did TNA have this youth policy? Sting didn't wakeup one morning and find himself an old bloke. He's had one foot in the grave for years. And now they dont renew him? Come on, man. You're not making sense. They've always had a hard on for Sting. He's been their golden boy. Up until it took Osward shooting him from the book depository for Magnus to beat him on his last night.

The crowds got bigger as the weeks tapings went on to the point it was SRO, certainly for the FMM match.

Its hard not to get bigger than 200 people. That's nothing to get the party poppers out for.

• Paid Members

Or he's 54/55 years old.

Hogan was like 57 and Flair was about 60 when TNA signed them. Sting didn't wakeup one morning and find himself an old bloke. He's had one foot in the grave for years. And now they dont renew him? Come on, man. You're not making sense.

The crowds got bigger as the weeks tapings went on to the point it was SRO, certainly for the FMM match.

Its hard not to get bigger than 200 people. That's nothing to get the party poppers out for.

Which I bashed them for, but Gaburick has been there a year, it was probably his decision to not resign him, and I wasn't getting party poppers out for them the IZ held 900 people, its nothing new to them.