• Paid Members

That's a bit of a shame. Bradley wasn't all that bad - he had a good character going on there, and was pretty suited to their midcard. Could've been a decent main-event-threatening upper midcarder.

The answer to the question we have ALL been wanting to hear is finally here.

Samoa Joe was recently on Konnan's podcast on MLW Radio, and spoke about working with Vince Russo and the infamous kidnapping angle. Here is what he had to say…

"You want me to break the silence on that? I don't like getting in verbal spats with people who I don't think are worth my time or my effort and a dude in particular is Vince Russo. This cat, I don't have a problem with Vince Russo. When he left I just told him, it is what it is. He always had 22 million reasons for making the decisions that he made. But when Hogan and Bischoff came in they said, ‘Oh we have this great idea. We are going to do this thing and take you off of TV and re-brand you. Do all this other stuff. We do this kidnapping thing and you come back as a psychopath.' I was cool with it.

I sat at home for 3 months on a bitching ass vacation. I had one of the best vacations in the history of vacations. Paid vacation. Getting ready so I call them back week after week, ‘What do you guys need me to do'. They would say ‘We are still coming up with something'. Vince Russo with his infinite ridiculousness just said, we are short on babyfaces. So I get a call saying, ‘Joe we need to bring you back to TV.'

So I asked him, how is it that you are going to bring me back. He said, I don't know how just yet but we need to bring you in. So the dude couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. The only reason why I bring this up is because he has the audacity to blame all of his silliness on other people. And by the way wrestlers, pro wrestlers all over the world and people in the business, stop whoring yourself out to shoot interviews. This man couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. That's how much respect he had for the product, how much respect he had for the fans and that is indicative of his style of what he did. He was the head writer at the time and this is the way he felt that was admissible. Now I know this little bitch is going to go back on a shoot and talk all of this shit."

Brilliant, Joe is such a cool bloke.

Edited by Professor Paul's Bin

• Paid Members

Why do TNA always do this? Just tell us who they are so we might actually watch the show? If its Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards who watching is going to give a shit when they walk out? Just build the fuckers up and we might actually anticipate their arrival. They did the same thing a few months back and it was Trent Barretta and Petey Williams who were there for a set of tapings and fucked off again. Or like the time Mark Haskins debuted and they pretty much killed his TNA career by debuting him as a surprise appearance. Nobody took to him because nobody knew him enough to be surprised when he showed up.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Jarrett leaving was the last straw for me, I'd stopped watching a few months ago but was hopeful that him being back would improve things.

Now he's left, even I think this company has probably peaked, and will have a long drawn out death. I'm transferring my interest to the new Jarrett promotion.

• Paid Members

It might not necessarily be on CMT. Jarrett was the liaison between Spike and TNA for years. Spike is free to negotiate with any wrestling company they wish to negotiate with come February. Stranger things have happened than Jarrett going in and swiping the TNA deal from them. There must be some reason Jarrett and Keith have decided starting up a promotion from scratch is more viable than buying TNA (who has TV). If Jarrett offers Spike a decent proposal, Spike might look at TNA's situation and think "this lot are going nowhere".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Would a promotion work if it was purely based around tv?

Rather than have a house show, tv show and PPV show circuit, just run a tv show every week on the road. All storylines etc start and end on telly. And you have the majority of your roster on non-exclusive contracts so they can go work on other indys.

I sometimes think one of TNA's issues is trying to replicate WWE's breadth of output, which even they struggle with sometimes. A much more simplified business that is really solely to produce tv for Spike might be a lot easier.