It strikes me they're hanging their hat on the Brits. This will be entertaining on the night, but it ain't gonna shift tickets or merchandise.

Maybe the cost benefit analysis is don't bother bringing Sting et al over ; we're better off sending over the regular crew and making more money by not spending as much in the first place.

Last year they advertised Hogan, Sting and Hardy (even though they were false advertising) and tickets sales weren't what they were the previous year. What novelty do they have this year? I have a few mates from college who aren't going this year. People go to see the stars and its so light on star power this year. Sting, Hogan and Hardy aren't Gangrel and Joe Legend. They are names that will make you travel from Newcastle to Manchester for a night of wrestling. It just seems natural that there is going to be a drop in demand with the drop in star power.

Couldn't agree more. This is the exact reason i'm not attending Interaction this year. The announced tour line-up only has Angle on it that i'm either a) bothered about meeting, or b) haven't met previously. That and the fact they put the Interaction tickets up in price yet again made it an easy decision not to attend.

That would make more sense really. What's the deal with the PPVs? I understand they're obliged to put out so many per year, but when they're still doing 'Genesis' and other PPV-style events, it just seems like unnecessary extra work - especially now they don't have a base.

So the 4 TNA shows are now double TV Tapings? What about Dublin?

They need to bring the whole TV roster over if there are going to be so many tapings. It would be madness not to. Unless Sting is going to tape loads of backstage stuff Stateside and it's going to be slotted in to the TV shows.

This has car crash written all over it doesn't it?

Dublin's a house show. Birmingham's a One Night Only PPV taping. The other three shows are double TV tapings.

The whole active TV roster, minus Hardy and Sting, is coming. And Sting's contract status is currently unknown. Who knows if he'll even be under contract come the UK tour.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
JR has also been spotted out and about with Toby Keith recently, could be 2+2 making 5 but it's sounding interesting.

Keith is, like JR, a big OU football guy, and they were both in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. They both get sideline passes for OU games, so they're certainly acquainted if not buddies. Whether it makes it any more or less likely they're discussing business, I'll leave up to you.

Impact had a couple of brilliant non sequiturs this week. The first after the opening segment - mere seconds after Spud had broken up the Roode/Angle brawl, Dixie asked someone where he was and was told "in his office". Not only was that quick, but not sure why Dixie wasn't watching the show.

Even better, though, was EC3 walking up the ramp on his wrestling gear, from which they immediately cut backstage to him in a suit walking with Spud & Dixie. Surely those were re-edits and didn't make US TV like that, right??

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members

AJ Styles - Leaving an Impact, Highspots Shoot preview and if this goes in the Shoot Interview thread move there if need be.

Interesting to say the least especially the part about him feeling crap for selling TNA to Samoa Joe.

Edited by Psygnosis