UKFF: Best Sports Poster

Ronnie

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

Nicko for me. I only venture into a football thread when Newcastle have done something really good / really stupid or there's a big story that's penetrated the non-sport parts of the news, and I don't touch the other sport threads, but Nick's got a good balance of knowledge and humour from what I've seen.

Plus he was able to get his love for football into his Royal Rumble review without it being overbearing or making me feel bad for knowing nothing about football after 2002. I know that didn't happen in 2012 but it was well done.

• Paid Members
Nicko for me. I only venture into a football thread when Newcastle have done something really good / really stupid or there's a big story that's penetrated the non-sport parts of the news, and I don't touch the other sport threads, but Nick's got a good balance of knowledge and humour from what I've seen.

Plus he was able to get his love for football into his Royal Rumble review without it being overbearing or making me feel bad for knowing nothing about football after 2002. I know that didn't happen in 2012 but it was well done.

You're a gent HG, but there's no way should I be on the list, or even the running for it. I only ever bleat on about Norwich City and people connected with them at one time or another. I don't think I've even posted in non-football related sports threads.

I can confirm though that since 2002 Norwich still play in green shorts, occasionally switching to sexier black number for away games. Maven, however, didn't shake off much of the greenness. If only he'd have discovered the Simon System earlier!

• Awards Moderator

You're a gent HG, but there's no way should I be on the list, or even the running for it. I only ever bleat on about Norwich City and people connected with them at one time or another. I don't think I've even posted in non-football related sports threads.

I can confirm though that since 2002 Norwich still play in green shorts, occasionally switching to sexier black number for away games. Maven, however, didn't shake off much of the greenness. If only he'd have discovered the Simon System earlier!

Well, I can't have been too far off, six others (at time of writing) agree with me!

• Paid Members

The problem with this award is that it's really only recognising people who post in football threads. Contributions to tennis, cricket and other sports threads tend to get a bit ignored because less people read and post in those threads and as such guys like LariatTom and Lion Of The Midlands get ignored.

Having said that, Bifkin, johnnyboy, Butch and Magnum especially have been great in many sports threads. Johnnyboy was especially great in the Olympics thread. Houchen should have got a nod for this as well, he's excellent across the board. tiger_rick is a good sports poster as well.

EDIT - Also, I want to chuck in a shout-out to METAL ON METAL as well. I think he has been genuinely excellent the last year. His posts in the football threads have been hugely improved - I don't know if it's been a concerted effort on his part or if I've just been much less of a general turd towards him, but he's also been very good in other sports threads as well. He should have got a nod here, he's a fine poster now and good in on-topic as well. His catch of TildeGuy's shittery was one of the best things on the forum this year.

So, a public apology from me to him for being a twat, he's done great stuff in the last year.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members

It's a shame Rick hasn't popped in much recently. I actually liked him as a mod and his football contributions were always interesting if not always totally agreeable.

Chilly McFreeze would be up for this too if he posted in the sports threads more. Very insightful. Especially for an Ipswich fan.