WWE Signs Another Top Indy Talent

diamond_dust

Adam Pearce has been around a fair while, hasn't he? You would think he's been looked at by now. I saw a bit of him a year or two ago, thanks to Ian I think, and was impressed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Adam Pearce has been around a fair while, hasn't he? You would think he's been looked at by now. I saw a bit of him a year or two ago, thanks to Ian I think, and was impressed.

Yeah, he's been around ages. First thing I did when I read Carbomb's post was Google Pearce to find out how old he actually was. He's 34 apparently, which is younger than I thought, but probably a little too old for WWE to bother looking at him now, although in the past they have brought guys in older than that.

• Paid Members
Opening this up a bit, but... who IS a good prospect on the Indies nowadays? Who's charismatic, who's built like a brick shithouse and can wrestle, who's got a famous daddy?

Inform me :)

I haven't seen him for a while, but I would strongly suggest Yoshino from DragonGate. Yes, he's spotty as hell, but he's got a great look, and a very unique gimmick, being that he's super-fast to almost warp-speed levels. When he showed up for a World X Cup in TNA, he got some great reactions out of the crowd just by running the ropes.

He is exciting to watch, but would he work in WWE? You can't just come in working that 100mph spotfest style, you have to adapt. Can he slow it right down and tell a story in a five minute TV match? I'm not so sure, but he's probably talented enough to pick it up. A highly unlikely acquisition in any case.

No, I agree he can't be spotty - but he can still keep the speed gimmick. Even just running the ropes, he's impressive - he's like a real-life version of The Flash. If he were to tone down the style for pacing purposes, even his lesser spots would still be very impactful, like his version of the Slingblade or the Torbellino. Hell, stick him under a mask, and he could easily be a vivid superhero-type. If there's one thing DG definitely does better than WWE, it's style - it's just cooool, maaan.

• Paid Members
Opening this up a bit, but... who IS a good prospect on the Indies nowadays? Who's charismatic, who's built like a brick shithouse and can wrestle, who's got a famous daddy?

Inform me :)

Brian Cage. He's freaky strong, built like a brick shithouse and fast too.

tumblr_me3ppn6kGm1qcd18do1_400.jpg

• Moderators

Yeah, he's been around ages. First thing I did when I read Carbomb's post was Google Pearce to find out how old he actually was. He's 34 apparently, which is younger than I thought, but probably a little too old for WWE to bother looking at him now, although in the past they have brought guys in older than that.

Adam Pearce turned up towards the end of when I used to watch ROH and he was my favourite guy there at the time. Where does he wrestle these days?

• Paid Members

Adam Pearce turned up towards the end of when I used to watch ROH and he was my favourite guy there at the time. Where does he wrestle these days?

He's at NWA Hollywood, been NWA champ a few times. He's taken a slight change for the worse, though, trading up his distinctive Lawler-style tights and one-shoulder for a generic pair of indyriffic trunks.

Archived