WWE Signs Another Top Indy Talent

diamond_dust

312308_153787374769376_792909288_n.jpg

Being reported on No Wrestling Limitations.

Looks like someone is actually taking note of those who can actually wrestle. His matches in EVOLVE with Generico were great. Some interesting potential matches for Del Sol in WWE including Pac, Sin Cara, Daniel Bryan and hopefully one day Punk.

*Edit - according to Del Sols twitter/facebook he hasn't signed and its not him under the mask. This could be just that its leaked out quickly and he's trying to save his job already but I'm going to believe that its a hoax and the thread can be closed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Could have provided his full name for those of us not familiar with the indies, but a quick Google search sorted me. Can he speak English? Sin Cara is proving there's only so far a masked high flier can go in WWE without connecting to the audience with words. Don't think he'll be mixing with guys like Punk and Bryan unless he's the next Rey.

One good thing to note- guy is 26. Time is certainly on his side.

EDIT: Ah, lame. Some fresh high flying wrestlers could be good in the E.

*Edit - according to Del Sols twitter/facebook he hasn't signed and its not him under the mask. This could be just that its leaked out quickly and he's trying to save his job already but I'm going to believe that its a hoax and the thread can be closed.

Considering that's his bloody tattoo on his shoulder....

But he was born in Mexico and raised in America so English is not a problem. Wonder what this means for his May UK bookings however. Also the fact AAA just positioned him into a massive part of their roster as Octagon Jnr.

I will be surprised if Okada gets signed however.

• Paid Members
New Japan headliner Kazuchika Okada is on his way to WWE soon by all accounts.

What accounts are these?

Wrestle Kingdom spoiler...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It would at least be an explanation for his fourth month build to their 'Mania not resulting in a giant title win yesterday.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
New Japan headliner Kazuchika Okada is on his way to WWE soon by all accounts.

What accounts are these?

Wrestle Kingdom spoiler...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It would at least be an explanation for his fourth month build to their 'Mania not resulting in a giant title win yesterday.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

In the Observers review of the New Japan show (which Meltzer called better than any UFC, better than the All Japan womens shows of the 90s and maybe the best wrestling show he's ever seen!) he said Okada is wanted by WWE currently. And the contents of your spoiler has shifted the balance into thinking there is probably a deal in place. If WWE want him, he'll probably go. He's already worked a horribly offensive gimmick for TNA, so he doesnt seem against the idea of wrestling in the States.

WWE isn't WWE of 1997 anymore. Okada has a good chance of succeeding. The fans who have grown up watching Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and those long main events they always put on would accept him. Or they could put him in that little mask and hat like TNA did when they had him. Also Triple H is head of talent. Triple H's taste in wrestling isn't the same as Vince McMahons. Its no surprise Triple H is snapping up the worlds top workers.

When i saw the picture i was confused due to the case Del Sol had recently became Octagon Jr. in AAA and will surly be getting a great push there (where maybe he might be using it to elevate himself to WWE stardom) however if this is true, hopefully it's good.

• Paid Members

When the shit was that? No recollection of that whatsoever.

I definitely love all the moves Triple H is making, I said in another thread, that LaGoosh disagreed with, that I feel we're in good hands with him. I still think that. He's getting a proper strength and conditioning facility set up too, in conjunction with the guy who runs his own facility that produced some of the most incredible athletes in the NFL. The way this guy trains people, the methods and principles he applies I definitely think will be great for the WWE.

Exciting times ahead for me personally. This feels like it could be significant year of change in the company.

People say he has a good look, but he has a good look with the mask on, that might be something WWE change. It seems odd timing but then AAA probably don't have a clue what's going on. He wants to work for WWE or TNA though and speaking English will help I guess. I'm not sure he's a logical next pick if Mistico didn't work but then he already wrestles in America so maybe he is. This might be another Averno situation, everyone thought he was jumping over and he said he wasn't.

Archived